Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 95124 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 5.1

Hi,

Here's a first beta version of Sweet Home 3D 5.1.
At the moment, this version brings some translation updates in the Japanese, German and Swedish help and corrections for the two following regressions:
- a bug that prevented to easily select an item placed in a room that is selected
- a bug that generates a wrong SVG file when the plan contains texts using default font.

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 5.1 was released on October 5, 2015]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Oct 6, 2015, 1:40:53 AM]
[Sep 5, 2015, 4:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.1

Hi Emmanuel,

What do you think of these changes about the ceiling light for a future release?

Room.java
/**
* Returns the abscissa of the center point of this room.
*/
public float getXCenter() { // modifié (enkonyito)
float [][] pointsXY = this.getPoints();
// X : pointsXY[ligne][0]
// Y : pointsXY[ligne][1]
Room clonePièce = this.clone();
clonePièce.addPoint(pointsXY[0][0], pointsXY[0][1]); // ajoute un point final identique au point initial
pointsXY = clonePièce.getPoints();
float sommeAire = 0;
float sommeXCenter = 0;
for (int i=0; i<=pointsXY.length-2; i++) {
float polynome = (float) ((pointsXY[0]*pointsXY[i+1][1])-(pointsXY[i+1][0]*pointsXY[1]));
sommeAire += polynome;
sommeXCenter += (pointsXY[0] + pointsXY[i+1][0]) * polynome;
}
float aire = (sommeAire / 2); // valeur en cm²
float XCenter = (sommeXCenter / (6*aire)); // valeur en cm
return XCenter;
}
Similar for getYCenter() method.

PhotoRenderer.java
// surperficie de la pièce en m² : room.getArea()/10000
float power = (float)Math.sqrt((room.getArea()/10000)); // modifié (enkonyito)
this.sunflow.parameter("radiance", null,
power * (ceillingLightColor >> 16) / 0xD0 * (this.homeLightColor >> 16) / 255,
power * ((ceillingLightColor >> 8) & 0xFF) / 0xD0 * ((this.homeLightColor >> 8) & 0xFF) / 255,
power * (ceillingLightColor & 0xFF) / 0xD0 * (this.homeLightColor & 0xFF) / 255);
this.sunflow.parameter("center", new Point3(xCenter, roomHeight -50, yCenter)); // modifié (enkonyito)
this.sunflow.parameter("radius", 25f); // modifié (enkonyito)
this.sunflow.parameter("samples", 4);
this.sunflow.light(UUID.randomUUID().toString(), "sphere");

EnkoNyito
[Sep 7, 2015, 5:10:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Expect!
[Sep 8, 2015, 3:17:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

enkonyito, I don't think I'll change the way the center of a room is computed in Room class itself for compatibility reasons (that could break Sweet Home 3D elsewhere or some plug-ins). But why not in PhotoRenderer class, if only you could explain what you want to achieve with the new way of computing room center.

For the second part, I don't think I'll put the light at a lower elevation, and anyway if you want a perfect rendering, the position of default ceiling lights is never good enough compared to lights you'll place yourself. So just unselect Add ceiling lights option!
[Sep 20, 2015, 2:53:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

When you use the Add ceiling lights option, sometimes they can be placed in a wall (L-shaped room for example) letting appear the dark shape of the light (a bit like a mask).
With the formula of polygon center , this bug can be avoided.
It is certainly possible to include this calculation directly into the PhotoRenderer class where ceiling lights are created.
EnkoNyito
[Sep 20, 2015, 6:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. the formula of polygon center , this bug can be avoided...
Hmm, for anything but a very quick rendering, wouldn't you add your own lights and skip the "add ceiling lights"? In other words, nice as the polygon centre formula might be, wouldn't you in actual life need to add the light sources manually anyway? Just my 2p worth. ok
[Sep 20, 2015, 7:04:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vkbear0

The improvements are looking good! :)
-The Hobbyist
[Sep 26, 2015, 7:32:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

No problems with beta 5.1 (and 5.2) so far. After a month of really hard-core testing of 5.0 with builders, electricians, plumbers running around asking for updated drawings of the different levels for electricity, plumbing and construction details: The polylines and multiple-level/layer system are very valuable additions! Very useful. I I were to wish for one little thing, it would be revisiting:
Small wish: would it be possible that the O= sign to indicate same elevation levels, could also serve as a visible/invisible switch?
Brought up by hansmex in 5899#25809. While Ctrl-Shift-H does work as a nice short-cut, it really would be nice just to click off a series of levels in the tabs. I keep wishing for functions such as "Hide all but current / Show all / Hide all above". Not a big deal, but it would be a true time-saver. Just a thought...
- a bug that generates a wrong SVG file when the plan contains texts using default font.
And I wonder about the SVG export in general. 1) Not directly related, and I may be wrong, but it seems SH3D exports text as graphics not at text in an SVG file? A pretty obscure issue but at least I have not managed to edit or locate the text in the file.
2) is it possible/easy to consider and SVG export with no embedded raster images at all? (clean small file with layout only).

But these are details and random thoughts; apart from the issue in #623 Multiple sub-terrain levels - ground above furniture there are no problems.

ok
[Oct 2, 2015, 11:06:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks okh for your tests. smile
I understand your need about multiple tabs selection but sorry, I won't program this feature in the coming version (not sure it can be achieved easily, and I would have to find a way to render selected level tabs at screen).
But the version 5.1 will bring some fixes about some bugs you reported:
- The bug #623 about some parts at ground level that shouldn't appear is fixed.
- The older bug bug #582 about staircase cutouts that were wrongly computed is fixed too. Actually, this bug correction fixes also some rendering issues that could still happen on rooms at ground level.
- I fixed also a bug that could prevent to reopen a file saved with its furniture list sorted on Color or Texture columns, when running Sweet Home 3D under Java 8. As this issue could be very annoying, I will release the new version with these bug fixes very soon, and you can test the corrections in the Beta 3.

About texts in SVG files, I guess it's the choice of the team of FreeHep (the library used by Sweet Home 3D to generate SVG files). At least, you're sure your SVG file won't require a particular font to look correctly or won't depend on a font that would require some non latin characters.
About an option to avoid raster images in the SVG file, what would you display instead of the textures and furniture images ?
[Oct 4, 2015, 10:51:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

- The bug #623 about some parts at ground level that shouldn't appear is fixed.
- The older bug bug #582 about staircase cutouts that were wrongly computed is fixed too
smile That is great. There is another thing I have wondered about with the ground cutout too, but it may not be a bug. Furniture (windows) on subterranean levels will cutout ground below, even if they are above ground.

Put the file in #623.

ok

PS The rest of my rambling was just a set of loose thoughts anyway, not to be taken too seriously. Also, the SVG "clean" export is hardly vital. In my mind it would be the outline of walls/furniture without graphics, like a clean plan to embed in a web page. But I guess anyone who needs it can remove the images and edit text manually or with InkScape. Or easier, just use the .png file to display the 2D plan.

PPS I meant, of course, 5.1 beta 1 and 2.
[Oct 5, 2015, 9:05:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved