Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4009 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
Pixelwizard

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
....a warning related to win10 and older graphics-hardware

hello all there,
from time to time it's usual to left a comment.
at first - version 5 - a really really big thing and an amazing step, i like the option with layers etc. very much!

another thing, maybe for all the people using older hardware: take care with win 10!
so on desktops with "new" hardware sh3d runs perfectly, no problem at all. i just describe my special issue and in this case i guess i will downgrade the laptop because one impotant thing ist not longer supported - the onboard graphics, which is a "mobile intel 4 series express chipset".

but step by step. so this is an older but perfect running laptop, lifebook e series, fast and with up to 8 hours of mobile operation, since i put 4 gb ram and a ssd into it.
win7 64 bit runs perfectly, and it seems that the upgrade to win10 also works. and i'm very sure that the last 4.x version was also running, beause i was working on a small model travelling by train - after the upgrade to win10.
with the version 5 i get a error for the 3d-rendering and asked for updating the graphis driver - which is a problem, because the chipset is not any longer supported. so now there is an generic driver which is not able to activate hardware accleration etc.

but well, there is an option, on the same machine is a linux running ;)- so i just boot to linux and anything is fine ,).

all this is just a remark - at all, win 10 is running fine on this "old" machine - but take care. if you have software, which need access to your graphics check if your chipset is fully supported. because of the need to use some cloud services, i'll now again install win 7 in a virtual device, guess i'll get the support back and can use sh3d (5) as before and as on my other computers.

so long,
alex
----------------------------------------
WIN10 Pro 64bit * 16 GB RAM * AMD FX 6100 * Geforce GTX 660

[Sep 7, 2015, 9:50:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved