Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5017 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
ElfenM

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to speed up SH3D?

Of course more RAM and a faster CPU/GPU is needed, but what about using an SSD or RAM Drive? Can putting the app, homefile.sh3d, or both speed things up if put onto a solid state or RAM Drive? I believe on Rendering the image and movie should speed things up on an SSD or RAM Drive.
[Sep 11, 2015, 8:38:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhmax

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to speed up SH3D?

I think the key to speed up rendering is to get a faster CPU, more cores as possible because I have tested myself with a dual-core with an i5 CPU. I think more RAM [at least 4gb], GPU and SSD won't make much effect. So, get a faster CPU, turn off shininess on furniture where possible and avoid objects have many details are the ways to speed up rendering in SH3D.
----------------------------------------
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1mqUjGRtD4uCXX5qzgG3w
[Sep 12, 2015, 6:32:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved