Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6145 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
ElfenM

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SH3D Viewer Java Applet Insecure Plug-in Error

In playing around with the SH3D Online Viewer, I'm noticing this error twice on the webpage with the option of allowing the plug in to run or to not execute it. I'm sure it is a simple fix, probably a Secure Page Link or something along those lines.

This is with the machines running Java 8. On older Java the error is not there, though on Java 7 I'm told (and then taken too) to upgrade Java 7 to Java 8.

For me this is not a problem as I can tell all my machines to execute the plug-ins despite insecurity error. But if I show it off to others, they might get weary about this insecurity issue.
[Sep 13, 2015, 7:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

Re: SH3D Viewer Java Applet Insecure Plug-in Error

(this forum needs an Edit post feature...)

By twice on the webpage, I mean that there are 2 Java dialog boxes on the webpage with this same error. I'm guessing that the first is the java3d.jar and the second is the SweetHome3DViewer.jar files creating these error.

Once I click "allow Applet to run", I no longer get the error in future uses of the site, but I need to do this with all the Java 8 machines I have.
[Sep 13, 2015, 7:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

There always have been a security dialog shown at the launch of Sweet Home 3D Online and Viewer. This can't be avoided in applets that require Java3D. I always have been concerned by this, and it's the main reason why I bought a certificate to sign the jar files of these versions.
What version of Java 8 do you use?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 14, 2015, 11:42:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ElfenM

The Java 8 is the latest one from Oracle as the updates were done less than a week ago. They are on PCs running XP, Vista and Win8.

Funny, the Macs I use are on Java 6, which works, and I believe Java 4 on a PowerPC ones but the Nav buttons are not shown when using either SH3D or this SH3Dviewer. But I chalk that up to it being Java and not SH3D as it still works with the cursor keys and mouse. But on the Macs, I'm not forced to go to Oracle's Upgrade Page like I am with the PCs on Java 7.

By forced, I mean, I get a warning saying something like "Your Java needs to be updated" and then the page opens to Oracle's Java 8 Download & Install page. This only happens on the SH3Dviewer and not on SH3D itself on the Java 7 PCs.
[Sep 14, 2015, 5:39:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved