Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 224031 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
dadmar

australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: DirectX driver issues in windows 10

going to try the 32 bit version
as win 10 has auto updated to DX12
only need it for a bathroom layout
was working fine 6 months ago
currently starting fine the the DX/open graphics error
[Oct 17, 2017, 2:55:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PabloMLC

I had this issue.

Download Sweet Home 3D 5.0 version. It should start with no problem.
Works for me.
[Oct 27, 2017, 8:33:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could try to run Sweet Home 3D installer with the new options added in version 5.5. This seems to work for most users who had problems.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 28, 2017, 10:59:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
WIMA2017

Nederland

same problem here reinstalled version 5.0 then it works. Installing version 5.1 immediately gives error directx etc. so problem started after 5.0. something wend wrong with update it is not a problem of the graphic card it is in the program where it goes wrong.
[Nov 22, 2017, 1:06:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As said before, please try the latest version with the new parameters described here.
[Nov 23, 2017, 12:37:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
oldgolfer

France

I purchased Version 5.2.2 from Amazon on 27 September 2016 and have spent many successful hours developing furniture layouts for my house. Now I need to modify some rooms. When I started up the application I was notified about the available software update and using the Amazon.fr site to get the update.

Once I had installed the 5.6 version I got the fatal error warning concerning DirectX and OpenGL updates needed for my graphics card. I have followed many discussions online regarding this error and have followed the Sweet Home 3D FAQ advice. None of this works.

Next step was to go back to the original 5.2 version I had. This I downloaded from Source Forge. This version had the same fatal error as the 5.6 version.

Next step was to download and install the 5.3 version since this version was reputed to solve this particular fatal error. AND behold version 5.3 runs without any fatal errors and I can now open my last layout files.

BUT, the library of available objects in the 5.3 version downloaded from source forge is minimalist and is missing many of the objects I have used in my layout files (.sh3d files). So having paid for the full copy I am now stuck with the free copy that has few usable objects to drag into my layouts.

Clearly the fatal error is tied into the Sweet Home 3D install files and how these work (or more precisely DO NOT work) with Windows 10 64 bit operating systems. From all the discussions on this subject many people have suffered extensively from this combination of fatal errors under Windows10. Some have found solutions (like me with the source forge version 5.3) but it is crystal clear that the problem lies with the Sweet Home 3D install packages.

So now I have two questions:
1. How do I get the 5.6 version, with a full set of available objects in the libraries, working on my Windows 10, DirectX 11, Java 8 RTE (I have also tried Java 9 RTE but that made no difference to the fatal error) PC. Please do not point me to your FAQ. I have tried all that and it does not work.

2. If there’s no way to get the 5.6 version running on my system, how can I get hold of the object libraries that I had and paid for with Version 5.2.2?

Cheers
Ian
[Jan 8, 2018, 3:32:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
oldgolfer

France

The extra parameters for the install process resolve the problem of this fatal error under Windows 10, DirectX 11, Java RTE 8.

Here's a rapid summary of the difficulties encountered:
1. Paid for Version 5.2.2 from Amazon 27 September 2016
2. Tried to update to 5.6 through Amazon - produced fatal error on graphics card updates.
3. Tried all FAQ and other forum suggestions - no change
4. Tried registering and posting on this forum - failed because forum is out of action for modification and mvnforum.com is up for sale
5. Tried downloading each free version from Source Forge - 5.2 gives same fatal error, but 5.3 installs and works, only problem is free version has minimalist object libraries
6. Went back to Amazon to leave comment and found reply from Sweet Home under a customer comment about the fatal error.
7. Noted that this comment is the same as suggested solution that is in the SH3D Forum thread for the system slow down thread.

Since all my posts on this forum are waiting for the modification status to be resolved, please just post this last one and reject the previous three posts.

Cheers
Ian
[Jan 8, 2018, 11:40:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you also try to run dxwebsetup.exe as proposed here and/or the new parameters /j3d.version=1.5.2 /os.arch=x86 available for the installer and described here?
If neither solution works, you could also try to copy the jre8 folder of the version 5.3 to the same folder of your version 5.6.
[Jan 8, 2018, 11:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
oldgolfer

France
smile Re: DirectX driver issues in windows 10

I did not try the dxwebsetup.exe, but i did go to the Microsoft site and made sure that the DirectX11 drivers I have installed are the latest available.

I installed Java 9 and then Java 8 X86 version but that did not solve the fatal error.

I was surprised to see that version 5.3 from source forge worked without any issues whereas 5.2 from source forge and 5.6 from Amazon produce he fatal error.

I did not try the new parameters for 5.5 installation because these parameters are described as solutions for the 3D view running dramatically slow - I did not have that problem so I did not try that solution.

I did not find the additional parameters solution you posted on the Amazon site because it's hidden as a reply to a customer comment and is not immediately visible to someone browsing the customer comments.

I have posted a customer comment on Amazon in the main thread pointing out the installation difficulties and where to find solutions. I have added a paragraph that customers should not be discouraged by the installation difficulties because once installed the app is excellent.

Now that I have verified that your additional parameters solution for slow 3D also solves the fatal error situation I am a happy user.

I hope the posts to this forum and the Amazon customer comments help users find the installation solution more rapidly than I did.
Cheers
Ian
[Jan 8, 2018, 1:12:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
timmori

I apologize as I know this has been covered but... I just installed (on Windows 10) and I get the error about OpenGl/DirectX. Is there clear instructions for resolving this. Iam NOT a techy and most of the posts seem to be geared towards someone who understands! The software looks really nice, but I am not able to run it. Am looking for help for a layman! THANKS!
[Jan 24, 2018, 10:33:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved