Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10296 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
coosadog

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Locking up on splash screen

I am a C/C++ 3D Game developer, just for background info. I need to design an addition to my daughter's house and I run Ubuntu 14.04. I had Sweet Home installed from the Ubuntu package and it was working just fine, but I wanted the latest software and downloaded 5.0. Well, it doesn't work. I think because of this:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: sh3d_plugin/AdvancedSettings_PhotoRendering : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

So, maybe you'd suggest running from the jar, like this:

java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.no3D=true -jar ./SweetHome3D-5.0.jar

But, I get the same error...

Admittedly, I'm not a JAVA person, and almost cringe when I hear the word, but I can read the stuff. That's about it though. What does Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 mean??

Don't tell me that my video drivers are obsolete or anything like that because they're not. I develop 3D software constantly on this machine.

My JAVA scoop:
java version "1.7.0_79"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-0ubuntu1.14.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)

Do I need 1.6?? Do I need the Sun version?

Thanks for any help guys!! If I can't fix it I'll just trash it and move on.
[Oct 3, 2015, 7:21:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Locking up on splash screen

Yes, there's a good chance that un-installing all open source Java versions is a good idea.
Then, install Oracle Java 6 or 7. It always works for me.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 4, 2015, 7:31:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Why not using the version available here? It comes with a copy of a JRE 6 so you don't need to worry about the version of Java installed on your computer. Its main issue is that the items of its menu bar are not very visible with some themes of Ubuntu.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 5, 2015, 12:41:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coosadog

USA

Ahhh, thanks for the replies, both of you. OK, I did see that version out there. I think I'll try that first and see if that fixes it. If it does, then I'll install Oracle 6/7 as hansmex suggests.
[Oct 5, 2015, 6:52:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coosadog

USA

OK, guys. The stand-alone portable dude did it. It works perfectly using that. Thank you soooo much! I'll just run it this way. If anyone else reads this, the permissions aren't set for the java executeables so you'll have to set it yourself or it won't run.

Also, I ran it under VirtualBox with Windows XP and it said my graphics drivers weren't up to date. Maybe it meant the XP drivers though...

Regardless, I'm very pleased it's working now!!!!
[Oct 5, 2015, 9:11:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved