Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14673 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: SH3D Paid Version

I won't add the plug-ins to the paid version for the following reasons:
- As I don't own copyrights on them, I can't distribute them under an other license than the GNU General Public License under which most of them are available. Both paid versions are distributed under a proprietary license because it's not possible to distribute GNU GPL paid software on the Mac App Store and Amazon Store, and it's not permitted to include GNU GPL libraries / plug-ins in a proprietary software.
- Plug-ins are not translated in all the languages available in Sweet Home 3D, and many users run a version of the software localized in their language (fortunately, translators contribution is useful).
- The quality of some of plug-ins is not good enough yet to make them available in a paid version: some don't work always as expected, some don't support undo/redo, some weren't updated to support new features added to the program...

But the paid versions support plug-ins too, and you'll just have to import the plug-ins you need to use them, as you did the first time.

By the way, sorry if the version available on the Amazon store is still 5.0.1, but their review process of new versions is very slow this time. Hope it won't last too long sad
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 17, 2015, 9:30:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chris064

Germany

Maybe, there is a misunderstanding. I completely understand that you can't include plugins, the copyright for which you do not own, into the paid version, and I never expected this.

As you stated in your reply, it should be possible to import plus-ins into the paid version, as you can do it in the free version. Actually, it works perfectly in the free version, but it doesn't work in the paid version I downloaded a few days ago.

It's exactly the same issue as described in this thread:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,6094

I'd appreciate, if you could look again into this matter. Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards
Christoph
[Oct 18, 2015, 4:28:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

You could just revert back to the free version. He still gets the money you spent on the paid version but the plugins will work again, at least until/if he figures out what's wrong.
Hawk
[Oct 18, 2015, 6:33:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chris064

Germany

That's what I have done now. In addition, I imported the furniture and texture libraries that came with the paid Version.

Now, I have what I need, but I think people should be aware that there might be issues with plugins in the paid Version, at least at this moment.

I have to admit it would have been better downloading the libraries spearately and making a donation to Emmanuel.

Thanks again
Christoph
[Oct 19, 2015, 12:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I have to admit it would have been better downloading the libraries spearately and making a donation to Emmanuel.

That's what I did. He got to keep all of the donation money whereas Amazon keeps 30% of the paid version money.
Hawk
[Oct 19, 2015, 2:24:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The version 5.1.1 was finally released on the Amazon store, fixing the issue with plug-ins reported by Chris064. Thanks for your patience smile
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 23, 2015, 11:23:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Don't forget to update the download page on the website. wink
Hawk
[Oct 24, 2015, 12:23:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved