Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6498 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
lilalur

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused cut the floor for the render

I modeled a house. I would like to cut the model for the render. The invisible box is not working, playing with the walls is a little bit time consuming. Are there any other way to do that (like the invisible box was)?
[Oct 13, 2015, 1:42:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: cut the floor for the render

If I get what you are trying to do, look in from the side at a room. I would use one of three ways of doing this:
1) Modify 3D view - Walls transparency
2) Select the walls (and everything else on one side with Area select) and set wall height to 20 cm (or something). Then use Undo to get the walls back after you have looked. (Delete does not do the same, as rooms and furniture will disappear too.)
3) If you want the side view often, you could place the elements you want to hide on a new Same elevation level . As long as you have 3D view set to Display selected level , you can simply move between the two levels to "remove" the walls placed on the top level.

Neither method is perfect, but #2 works quite nicely for me. Just one swipe with select, Modify walls (Ctrl-Shift-E), set height, Enter. Look and then Ctrl-Z. ok
[Oct 14, 2015, 7:23:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lilalur

United Kingdom

Unfortunately on a complicated model modifying the walls height is a real pain. For example:
http://www.livingoops.com/wp-content/uploads/...-interior-1-bedroom-5.jpg

I was just curious. Is there any easyer way to do this effect or you need to setup the walls one by one.
[Oct 15, 2015, 2:11:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lilalur

United Kingdom

but thank you for the shortcut :) that could make it easier.
[Oct 15, 2015, 2:13:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

I don't get it. If you use select multiple walls and modify at the same time, surely that change is pretty quick? Either Shift-click several objects, or much easier: area select by clicking outside the walls, hold, move mouse so relevant walls are selected (and whatever else, doesn't matter).

After you have selected use Modify walls to change the height of all walls at the same time. And then later, use Undo (Ctrl-Z) to bring them all back.

But maybe I am missing something. ok
[Oct 15, 2015, 2:33:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lilalur

United Kingdom

When you need a cut it's not always need to include the whole wall. These times you need to break the wall first and then you can do the resize.
The problem is when you want to use multiple angle and you need more cut.

I don't say its impossible its just unnecessarily complicated compare with the invisible box method what I saw once. You just put a box where it's needed and its hide the walls where you don't want to see them.
[Oct 16, 2015, 2:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could import and use one or more large invisible boxes to cut the walls they will intersect, as in the file attached to this post.
Don't forget to select the Door or window at the 3rd step of the import furniture wizard, and then disable magnetism when you move the box so the program doesn't try to place the moved box on the closest wall. Note that those boxes will cut only walls and not other doors and windows, and if you import an invisible box as a staircase it will similarly cut all the floors.
----------------------------------------
Attachment SweetHome3DExample3WithCutWalls.sh3d (459460 bytes) (Download count: 1701)

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 17, 2015, 9:11:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lilalur

United Kingdom

Thank you :) That is what I was looking for.
[Nov 1, 2015, 6:32:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lilalur

United Kingdom

Are you planning to make this "invisible box" as an inside feature to hide everything what cross its road? That would be a great additional element.
[Nov 1, 2015, 6:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It's such a weird object that I'm reluctant to add it. sad
But like the transparent texture, I understand it's very useful in some cases.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 1, 2015, 6:37:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved