Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5271 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home

In order to familiarize myself with SH3D, I figured my first project should be something simple, so I decided to try and replicate the apartment my wife and I live in.
Since it's an apartment complex I didn't put a lot of concern into the outside, as you can see in the following shot,

but I did add a little outside that could be seen through the windows.

I naturally couldn't find the exact furniture we have, but I did find stuff that was close enough and I sized everything according to our actual furniture.

----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Oct 14, 2015, 3:17:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home

Seems your familiarized... smile Nice work. Now the scary part begins, putting dreams into practice.

Even though, from the looks of it, seems you have a nice place where you are. Thanks for sharing this. ok
[Oct 14, 2015, 7:21:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Thanks okh. I just do this to pass the time. I'm retired so there's not a lot to do these days. laughing

I'll probably concentrate on the exterior on my next project, which I've already started.
Hawk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Oct 14, 2015, 9:25:48 PM]
[Oct 14, 2015, 9:24:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Good luck. Although I use SH3D for actual home planning, I admit to having got lost in daydreaming / creating a imaginary future home. As hobbies go, not a bad one.

ok

PS
..your familiarized...
Damned autocorrect, missed apostrophe key.
[Oct 15, 2015, 7:27:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I always like architectural drawing way back when I was in school. I took it every year it was available. I never completed the 9th grade so there weren't many years to get into more advanced classes, but I was a commercial/industrial electrician most of my life so working with the plans of all the various buildings I worked on was fairly easy for me, and helped me learn more about it.

Here's a shot of my next project. smile I guess this would be considered a tri-level.

Do you run Windows or Linux? I wonder if SH3D runs better under Linux.
I have an antiquated XP 32-bit machine and the file of our place is about 135 MB and it's a bit jerky on my rig.
I imagine the tri-level is going to end up a bit bigger than 135 MB.
Hawk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Oct 15, 2015, 9:18:09 AM]
[Oct 15, 2015, 9:17:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carlctz

South Africa

I just have 1 thing to say and thats in next renderings or adding furniture is to bring down the level of shine that the furniture modes have it will make them look more realistic.. But all in all a very good design. You have a wonderful home. I love small space living as i am single and my apartment is also only 4 rooms think i must make this my next project of how it is and how i want it to be lol... Also welcome to the sweethome3D community and family.
I'm a self professed NOOB at almost anything in life into gaming, mobile web design and 3D animation or design software.
[Nov 8, 2015, 3:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Thanks! I did pay a little closer attention to shine in my second project . smile
Hawk
[Nov 8, 2015, 10:21:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved