Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7764 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
slimpy

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Flat Is About to Become Reality

This is our new flat that we will move into before the end of this year.
It is 165sqm on the ground floor with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, seperate toilet, utility rooms and 2 loggias.

Our current furniture will of course move with us and some was already used in Reality Check
With the exception of some models from the SH3D furniture libraries, most items are our actual furniture.

Kitchen (also see previous post ) and bathrooms are fitted with the actual appliances.

You can expect a follow up with real photos by the end of the year when we've finally moved in.

Best, slimpy

Aerial view

full size

Living room

full size

Living room - dining room

full size

Dining room - kitchen

full size

Dining room - living room

full size

Bathroom #1, shower

full size

full size

Children's bedroom #1

full size

Bathroom #2, baththub

full size

full size

Walk-in closet

full size

Toilet

full size

Outside view, living room and master bedroom

full size

Outside view, dining room and children's room #2

full size
[Oct 28, 2015, 10:37:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Flat Is About to Become Reality

That is absolutely terrific - I am utterly jealous. (And I've already stolen the shower design.) I particularly like the Kohler 'Veil' toilet -- although if you're going to spend that much on a toilet, why not go all the way and get a version with an integrated bidet seat?

Maz
[Oct 29, 2015, 2:22:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slimpy

Thanks Maz

The toilets are actually Laufen Moderna.
We are not huge fans of bidet seats (my parents have one), but there is an empty conduit should we change our mind in the future.

Best, slimpy
[Oct 29, 2015, 8:06:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

The toilets are actually Laufen Moderna.

Really? I remember briefly looking through their catalog - in fact, an early version of a half-bath for my current project was a shameless steal from their Moderna product shot with the gold wall tiles.

I also remembering I couldn't navigate their web site -- for instance, for wall-hung systems, I could never seem to find any flush plates. (That's why I 'read' your toilets as Veils, as they look like they have Kohler plates.) Then I discovered how few of their products are available in the US, and looked elsewhere.

Not sure if I could justify to myself paying $2,400 to $3,400 for a toilet, though. (That's U.S. pricing for the Veil; haven't tracked down comparable prices on the Laufen designs.)

P.S. Your 'Reality Check' image is the standard to which I aspire...
[Oct 30, 2015, 8:56:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slimpy

I don' think Laufen even makes their own flush plates.
The ones used here are Geberit Bolero plates. Geberit also has the very nice Sigma line, but those come with a hefty price tag.

Laufen products give very good value for the price. They are very common around here but being a Swiss company there might be some local patriotism in the equation.

Best, slimpy
[Oct 30, 2015, 10:10:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
slimpy

Your 'Reality Check' image is the standard to which I aspire...

Looking at your results so far I must say you do exceptionally well yourself!
[Oct 30, 2015, 10:55:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved