Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1918 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
hobbyrv

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Colouring parts of products and vertical angle

Several products have more than 1 colour, f.e. a seat of a chair and steel legs, or a floorlamp of wood with a coloured shade. When I want to change the colour now, the total object gets the same colour, so also the legs or upright. Is it possible to adjust that, so I can only colour the parts I want?

And can you make it possible to turn products upsidedown. Now I can make a horizontal angle, but I sometimes want a vertical angle.
[Nov 2, 2015, 4:45:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Colouring parts of products and vertical angle

If you want to change one color of a multicolored piece of furniture, change its materials (read help about furniture modification for more details).

To change the orientation of a piece of furniture, you have to import it again and rotate it at the second step of the furniture import wizard. If it's a piece that is available in the default catalog, add it to the plan, then export it at OBJ format and reimport it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 2, 2015, 7:30:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I may be wrong but I think what hobbyrv is talking about is some imported items don't allow coloring or texturing different parts of a model. They're just monochrome and that's it.

I don't think there's anything you can do about that short of opening the model in a 3D modeling program and making changes to it.
Hawk
[Nov 3, 2015, 1:26:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

Thank you for your response Hawkdawg, but it does work as Puybaret said. I AM IMPRESSED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITIES OF SWEET HOME 3D.
[Nov 3, 2015, 11:50:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

That's great! smile

Either I misunderstood your post or I didn't fully understand Puybaret's reply. I guess I need to read that link a little better.
Hawk
[Nov 3, 2015, 12:19:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved