Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5782 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Start program with separate display

With ever wider screens, it's increasingly attractive to use SH3D with the 3D preview window separated from the main window. It would be nice if the program could start this way, i.e. with the 3D preview window as a separate window.

There are (at least) two options:
1 - Remember the last window configuration, just as the program remembers language settings.
2 - Look for a "template" file and open this if present. This is much like the normal.dot file in Office Word. For SH3D, users can set up their desired window configuration and save it as "normal.dot". When present, SH3D uses this file on starting the program, if not present, SH3D starts up just as it does now.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 18, 2015, 12:33:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Start program with separate display

SH3D remembers the last window configuration for me, on saved projects.
I have 3 monitors and I put the 3D View on a separate monitor and save it like that. Next time I open that project it opens with the 3D View just as I saved it.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Nov 18, 2015, 5:44:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved