Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6642 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
hobbyrv

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3d models not supported

I want to import furniture and textures. But for a lot of objects I then get to see that the chosen model is not supported. I looked in the FAQ, installed FBXconverter, but it is still abacadabra for me and I don't know if that's the right thing to do. So I hope you'll forgive me that I ask you what to do to be able to import more objects from the sites on the page '3D Models Import', when they appear to be not supported. Can you provide me with a step-by-step guide.
[Nov 19, 2015, 9:44:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: 3d models not supported

Start your reading here ....
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 19, 2015, 11:21:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

Thank you,but I already knew that. But some I manage to import, others not. My question is about the models that are not supported, when I import them. Or in dutch: een aantal kan ik gewoon importeren, maar een aantal ook niet. En hoe kan ik die laatste toch mogelijk maken?
[Nov 19, 2015, 12:35:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Your description is rather vague. "Some"?? Which ones?
Sweet Home 3D supports 3D model files at OBJ, DAE, 3DS format, ZIP files containing a file of this type, and KMZ files.
These are the files you can import directly.
Files in other formats have to be converted first to one of the supported formats. There are websites that provide this conversion service, or you could use a program like Blender .
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 19, 2015, 1:21:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Could you give a link to a model you didn't succeed to import?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 19, 2015, 2:40:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?i...2c-4440-90ba-8fe24ac51624
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?i...94-4a34-b7be-7cd579d8a24e
and others. When I see it when working on my design, I will also report them, if still neccessary.
[Nov 19, 2015, 3:44:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Are you sure you downloaded the Collada file (.dae) when you download from the 3D warehouse - as described in the 3D Models import page and the FAQ?

Tried both models, and they both imported with no problems at all. (Btw: Flexform Piuma Cabinet has textures applied only to one side of its surfaces, so it may not render as nicely as it should - but that is more a design shortcoming than a SH3D issue).

ok
[Nov 19, 2015, 4:31:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swave

Just to support the OP, I also had models downloaded in the correct format but upon import was told that this format is not supported. I'm assuming that even the same format type can have different generations and therefore not always work. But I don't have any links of such models as I just deleted them and tried some other.
[Nov 27, 2015, 8:45:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Be sure to follow this suggestion when you download a model from Trimble 3D warehouse.

swave, I can't test all the models submitted in Trimble 3D warehouse. So if you find one that doesn't seem to be supported by Sweet Home 3D, please take the time to post here a link to that model, otherwise there are no chance that I fix the issue.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 2, 2015, 2:52:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved