Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5422 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
chriskano

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D App Stops at Splash Screen

I'm trying to run the Sweet Home 3D 5.1 app on a Mac OS X 10.10.5 system that has Java 8 update 66 installed. When I launch the Sweet Home 3D 5.1 app it makes it to the splash screen and no further. It doesn't seem to crash, as I can eventually quit the program normally.

I've also tried the Java Web Start version and that seems to launch without a problem. I don't know why the Java Web Start version is launching properly, but the app is not.

If it is any help, the Java console that appears after the Java Web Start version launches displays the following:

Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId, SweetHome3D#JavaWebStart) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation, Java Web Start) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
Insecure property: (j3d.rend, jogl) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
Insecure property: (apple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz, true) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
3D [dev] 1.6.0-pre12-daily-experimental daily

Java Web Start 11.66.2.17
Using JRE version 1.8.0_66-b17 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
User home directory = /Users/chris
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Thanks.
[Nov 23, 2015, 12:06:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sweet Home 3D App Stops at Splash Screen

The information in Java console doesn't prevent Sweet Home 3D to run so it must be something else. Did you also try the DMG installer version? It requires to install Apple Java 6 but it might run differently.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 25, 2015, 11:34:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chriskano

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for the reply.

The Sweet Home 3D app from the DMG installer is the version that is not opening past the splash screen. The Java Web Start version seems to be launching okay.

I did not install Apple's Java 6 to try to get Sweet Home 3D to run. I am trying to avoid using the legacy version. I used the instructions found at Oracle's JDK 8 on Mac OS X to install Java 8 update 66 on my Mac OS X 10.10.5 system. With these instructions, the DMG version of Sweet Home 3D is not asking for Apple's Java 6 upon launch, but it is getting stuck at the splash screen.

Is it possible to get the DMG version of Sweet Home 3D to work on my system with the way it is configured with Java 8?

Thanks.
[Nov 26, 2015, 1:04:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kathycurtains

Find java preference on utility, automatically download and then install, I did it, hope can help.
[Dec 24, 2015, 7:46:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chriskano

Hmm...not sure, but if you mean the Java Web Start version of Sweet Home 3D, I do have that working.

Thanks for the suggestion.
[Dec 28, 2015, 11:58:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved