Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7027 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
digitaltrails

New Zealand
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Miscellaneous Box - Textures don't tile?

The Miscellaneous Box furniture item doesn't behave as I would expect.

If I apply a texture to a whole box, when the box is resized, the texture size remains constant and the texture tiles. This is what I expect. For example, for a box of floor-boards, the floor-boards remain the same size, when the size of the box changes, they tile so the box appears to have more boards.

If I apply the same texture as the Material for one side, when the box is resized, the texture scales instead of tiling. For example, for a side covered with floor-boards, when the box size changes, the box always has the same number of boards, the boards increase/decrease in size. This can be useful, but it is not what I expected.

Is there a problem with Miscellaneous Box, or is it a deliberate feature? In which case it would be great to have two Miscellaneous Boxes that allow for both options.

I've built my own box obj model which behaves as I expected (if anyone's interested I can post the obj text here, it's not very big).

While we are on the subject of a generic shapes, it would be great if the distributed set of objects included a generic wedge, and generic pipe (cylinder on its side).
[Nov 26, 2015, 11:12:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Miscellaneous Box - Textures don't tile?

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, I find using walls a better option as they texture a lot better than models.

As I mentioned in this post , I used a wall to build a slope for the swimming pool instead of a triangle because the triangle textured a bit skewed diagonally.

I would be interested in the box you made.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Nov 27, 2015, 4:24:06 AM]
[Nov 27, 2015, 2:37:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved