Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 45865 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Strikkie

Holland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
building a roof

I there,

I've checked the forum and I found a question regarding the roof and I downloaded the pdf file but when I create the roof it is positioned in the groundlevel and it must be placed on the top of the wall.

Does anybody has got an idea how to do that?

thanks in advance for the help.

Reg,
Hans
[Dec 8, 2015, 7:33:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: building a roof

You could just lift the roof (e.g. Furniture, Elevate - or use the little blue arrow in one of the corners). But, as you do not want the roof in the way, it may be better to use a new level for the roof (Plan, Add level) at the right elevation and place the roof there. ok
[Dec 8, 2015, 10:11:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Strikkie

Holland

I just found a way to lift/elevate something yes okay that's one

Now I need to find a way to create a shape so that I can tilt the roof and make it slanted.
[Dec 8, 2015, 1:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Have you checked out the Sloping Ceiling tutorial?

http://www.sweethome3d.com/slopingCeilingGuide.pdf

That should help.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Dec 8, 2015, 9:44:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

In addition to hansmex' tutorial mentioned by HawkDawg, there is also a useful blog post: How to design a sloping ceiling with a window and Arun's approach to create a Simple Roof in SweetHome3D. If you do not want to construct yourself, there are roofs on the 3D models page too and some in the SourceForge pages, such as these.

ok

[Dec 9, 2015, 8:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Strikkie

Holland

Hi Hawk,

Thank you for the response but at point 6 and 7 in the tutorial it's written that you need to create a room but I can not lift the room to a certain level, you can only lift furniture...

but thanks for the info.
[Dec 9, 2015, 9:17:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Strikkie

Holland

Hi Okh,

Thank you for the info, i'm going to have a look on this page.

keep you informed on the outcome.

bye
[Dec 9, 2015, 9:18:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Strikkie

Holland

Hi hawk, http://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/372/

this is the roof I'm looking for, did you managed to get the roof filled?

reg.
Hans
[Dec 9, 2015, 9:37:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Hi Hawk,

Thank you for the response but at point 6 and 7 in the tutorial it's written that you need to create a room but I can not lift the room to a certain level, you can only lift furniture...

but thanks for the info.

I gave some help on how to do that in another topic you have.

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,3615

Hi hawk, http://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/372/

this is the roof I'm looking for, did you managed to get the roof filled?

reg.
Hans

Filled? What do you mean? Textured? Models don't always texture as well as walls or models textured in a 3D Modeling program.
Hawk
[Edit 2 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Dec 9, 2015, 11:36:44 AM]
[Dec 9, 2015, 11:33:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Strikkie

Holland

Hi Hawk, please check your post and you'll know what I mean
http://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/372/
[Dec 9, 2015, 1:00:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved