Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 45858 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: building a roof

Oh! That! No, I haven't worked on that since then. I'm thinking the best way for me to do it would be to build it in a 3D Modeling program. I just haven't tried yet.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Dec 9, 2015, 1:35:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TakitEasy

USA
sad Re: building a roof

I have a problem putting a roof on my house plan. I have created another level with the elevation set at the top of the walls. When I attempt to set the roof model in place, it slides off to the side. I also want to create a soffit or overhand over the roof. Do I do that separately? Only been creating for a month. Love the problem.
[Mar 16, 2017, 7:35:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Disable magnetism to be able to place the roof item anywhere.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 17, 2017, 12:02:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DerekvG

Belgium

Disable magnetism to be able to place the roof item anywhere.

Iḿ sorry Emmanuel I don't understand what you mean
[Jul 6, 2017, 7:30:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DerekvG

Belgium

Have you checked out the Sloping Ceiling tutorial?

http://www.sweethome3d.com/slopingCeilingGuide.pdf

That should help.

I wonder if a parameter could be added to certain objects (such as box)
that allows to define SLANT
you have width lenght and dept plus elevation but you sould be able to do slant / or inclination either only on length or by choice on length or/and width such that you can have slanted object

i know that will be on heck of a development effort but it might be worthwhile
[Jul 6, 2017, 7:53:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KateStanleyDesign

United States

Hello: I'm not sure if I'm posting this question in the proper space but here it is: I am designing a wrap around porch on the bottom level for a two story house. I cannot seem to figure out how to miter the corners of the roof over the porch. Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance,
Kate
[Dec 11, 2020, 10:44:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Chekc these pages for an excellent set of roof parts that should enable you to do what you want/need. They were made a few years ago by OKH - Oka Hoff.

They're in a SH3D file, so you have to export import the individual parts yourself. But... it's worth the trouble.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 12, 2020, 12:51:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The two most interesting tickets where roof parts are proposed are also cited in the FAQ How can I create a roof on top of a house?, i.e. Krams036's models and OK Hoff's models.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 12, 2020, 4:31:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved