Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11342 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Bad_Wolf

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
What is the difference between the free version and the amazon version?

other than more content what is the difference between the free version and the amazon version? What are the rights that the amazon content have?
[Dec 9, 2015, 2:35:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: What is the difference between the free version and the amazon version?

The Amazon version offers the same features, 3D models and textures as in the GNU GPL version + all the models available at the free models page + the two textures libraries described at textures import page.
These additional 3D models and textures are managed as resources stored in Sweet Home 3D installation folder of that version. As it's available only under Windows, I also changed the screen captures in the help with ones made under Windows. There's no other difference, and as explained in the blog article about version 4.5, I remain committed to fully keeping Sweet Home 3D in the free software community.

Note also that, as Amazon App Store developer agreement makes it impossible to sell in that store an application distributed under the GNU General Public License, the Amazon version is distributed under a proprietary license similar to the one used for the Mac OS X version sold on the Mac App Store. Using such a license is also a way to protect these versions from people who try to make money on the community back, like the ones who sell open source software on ebay (just search "interior design software" and you'll guess my mood each time I try).

The rights on the additional 3D models and textures are the same as in the GNU GPL version, as explained in the license page. The "other licenses" term used in that page match the Amazon Store and Mac App Store versions.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 9, 2015, 3:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bad_Wolf

The reason I asked is that I am having difficulty downloading the software.
[Dec 9, 2015, 9:57:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You should ask to Amazon directly, because it's them that manage downloads.
Once you succeed, it will be nice to explain here what went wrong and how you or Amazon fixed it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 10, 2015, 7:23:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved