Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8469 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
l4fr4gol4

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Export to OBJ Format

I was wondering...what is the maximum file size that can be exported from the program in obj format and without loss of 3d objects inside the scene.
I have project that is rughly 900mb-1gb and when i try to export to obj i have loss of fiew 3d objects. In the project are almost 400 3d models of various decor,house equipment,and furniture (Its a project of a whole apartment of 90m2).

So is there a limit in size of a scene file that i can export without of losing a fiew items.Thank you.

ps:i uploaded photos of living room and here i lose (they dont export) bottles in the area of the shank bar and tv stand with wardrobe and fiew decor items on the wall with mobilephones.

http://postimg.org/image/u1p6gu2id/

http://postimg.org/image/qnazvoyhb/
[Dec 18, 2015, 12:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Export to OBJ Format

Ouch, it's the first time I read a report about such a big file! There's no theoretical limit, so the problem must come from something else.
Did you try to select one of the object that doesn't work and export only that object to check if Sweet Home 3D is able to handle it correctly?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 19, 2015, 4:27:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
l4fr4gol4

I only encounter problem when i export whole scene which is a big file...when i try to export separatly i dont have problem. Also i must say i have problem with livingroom which is roughly 500mb in size...BUT when i detouch it from whole apartment and exported in obj i dont have problem.I think Somewhere in the process of exporting very big files program dont export all textures and all objects. Because for example...each bottle in mini bar that i lose in process of exporting have 3 or 5 textures on it, and i have almost 20 bottles...file size of all 25 bottles is about 100mb,one mobile phone is 10-20mb in size,and decor on the wall is reduced 3d model it is 5-10mb in size, and decor plants are about 20mb in sice.Victorian furniture that is in original quality is 20mb armchair, 35mb three set sofa...Most complex 3d model i have in project is rosette and it is about 50mb in size (in 3ds format is 16mb). When i render scene, for example living room i didnt have any problems with all models exept victorian furniture. I reduced 3ds models of armchair and sofas (armchair 9mb, sofa 15mb)and i can render whiole scene without problem in max settings.When i reduce poligons in each 3d model in whole scene and i get a file size about 250 to 300mb for whole apartment i dont have any problem exporting whole scene in obj or render the file. I understand the problem is about engine capacity and how much file size can handle depends on the hardware. I will apload more detaild explanation aboutmuy project so we can better understand problems. But i can say one thing...the sweet home engine on 64bit system with solid hardware can handle and render sooth almost everything if the file sizes of projects are 600-700mb in size. I can be shure for larger scenes like is mine...because u must ajust some things. And i didnt notice any problem in render of imoprted 3d models, exept very detaild models vich size is bigger then 60-70mb (depends on number of polis). Frome expirience the limit is 150.000 polis for each model.Thank you.
[Dec 19, 2015, 5:50:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
l4fr4gol4

These is the arial view of scene...First i have problem when exporting i only manage to export whole livingroom in obj but other items in all other rooms are not been exported.Than i build a scene completly copying al elements and save the same scene.Know when i export whole scene i only lose some objects in livingroom (mobile phones, granpa watch, bottles and tv stand with wardrobe), and all other objects from other rooms, kitchen and bathromm, etc.whole apartment exept livingroom are exported fine.
When i try again to export scene in obj i have various results in losing data, like half of apartment, various missing objects and textures and its geting worse.The best result i achive when i exported scene first time and i was losing only some models in living room.
Thank you.
[Dec 19, 2015, 9:54:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved