Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 69075 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: A house I've been working on

Thank you for letting me know of that. I tried using the rounded roof, but the shape I'd used to make the entryway didn't quite work with that. However, I was able to use the triangular shaped roofing - on half of it because the rest of the house wouldn't let me fit any for the rest of it - and came up with this:
I've also taken a new picture of the front room at a slightly different angle (instead of from the front door looking to the side door, it's more from the corner near the front door looking to the opposite wall):
You can see that there's some interest out the side door as well as the opening to the kitchen/dining room area.
----------------------------------------

[Jan 26, 2016, 3:56:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've done some modification to the front entryway.

I made the roofing taller and realized that I could add some pieces of roofing to the back part of it (which is why the shadow of the roofing is as good as it is). I also changed the outer walls of the the entryway using the texture for large rocks; yes, it's marked as a floor texture but I figured it worked just as well here. Now it really looks like a castle entrance.

[Jan 28, 2016, 5:23:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The category in front of the name of a texture is just a suggestion. You may use any texture image for any purpose wink
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 28, 2016, 8:12:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Additional pictures of the Front Room. I thought the ones previously taken didn't quite do it justice.
This is the view from standing in the Kitchen/Dining Room area:

This is the view from the stairs:

[Jan 28, 2016, 6:22:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here are some additional pictures of the first floor (Level 0).
Here's the Dining room area standing in front of the Garage door, looking towards the Front room:

Here's another view of the Dining room area standing in front of the Guest room door (you can see a corner of the Front room and the front door):

Here's the Kitchen area standing at the dinner table (you can see the Guest room door next to the refrigerator):

Here's the Guest room looking in from the Kitchen area:

Here's another view of the Guest room from the opposite corner (you can see the door to the Kitchen as well as the door to the Guest Bathroom, and a little of the closet):

Here's the Guest Bathroom standing in the corner near the door to the Guest room:

Here's another view of the Guest Bathroom standing in the corner near the door to the Front room:

I couldn't quite get the lighting right in the bathroom; for some reason it either was too bright with the ceiling light added (as shown) or too dark when I took it away, even with added light sources.

[Jan 30, 2016, 9:54:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's the Garage:

Just like the Guest bathroom I was unable to get the lighting down right; add ceiling light in the photo taken and it's too bright, don't add it and it's too dark even with light sources.

[Jan 30, 2016, 10:44:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here are more pictures; these are from Level 1 (second floor).

Here's the Main Bathroom. It's the first room as you come up the stairs from the first floor. This is the view from the door.

This is the view from the corner near the toilet.

As you can see I've also had trouble with the lighting of this room. I'm not sure why the bathtub area is so dark in the second picture though.

Here's one of the bedrooms. It's located right next to the bathroom just as the hallway makes its first bend.

When I tried to take a picture from the door, not much of the room's content was visible; I ended up taking the picture from the corner near the windows, facing the door, with the closet just out of view on the left.

Here's the Laundry Room. The cabinets in the back of the room are for storage of things like the vacuum, brooms, mops and such.

The ceiling is actually supposed to be the same white as the walls but the shadowing seems to have left it darker than intended.

Here's the Family room.

This view of the Family room is from the hallway.

This view of it is from in front of the couch. As you can see, in the hallway is bookcase for some storage as well as display of decorative things. The closets visible in the hallway are for linen storage and other belongings.

Here's the other bedroom on this floor.

The bit of wall on the left is the closets for this room.

I'll be posting pictures of the final floor as soon as I get them all taken.

[Jan 31, 2016, 4:16:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I have the final pictures taken.

First, the Sewing room.

This is from standing in front of the computer. You can see the stairs and the doors to both the Master Bedroom (left of the stairs) and the Master Bath (right of the stairs).

This is from the other corner of the room.

This is the Master Bathroom.

This is from the door coming from the Sewing room. I don't think I did this wall very well, but I wasn't sure how to do it better than this.

This is from the door coming from the Master bedroom.

This is the final picture. It's of the Master Bedroom from the back wall near the closets.

I think you can see from behind the TV unit the beginning a small hallway which leads to the door to the Sewing room.

[Feb 1, 2016, 2:55:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I decided to rearrange Level 0; I didn't feel it worked out quite right.

Here's my changes:

As you can see, I switched the Guest room and Bathroom with the Kitchen and Dining area. The door partially visible on the right is to the Guest room now. I also changed the fabric pattern on the pillows and added new lights to the Front room; its basic layout hasn't changed though. I'm up in the air whether or not to open up the stairway; if anybody has an opinion either way please let me know.

This is the view from the chair in the opposite side from the Front door. Here you can see that the closet no longer jets out from the front door but now is part of a small hallway to the garage (the garage door is kind of visible) and actually is double in size. I figured that one side would be for guests and the other would be for residents.

Here's a different view of the new hallway to the garage. As you can see, it's now more like a kind of open mud room. There's a bench for sitting down to take off muddy shoes and a table with a bowl on it for putting keys into.

Here you can see the few changes I made to the Front room: two more lamps, fabric change to the pillows and some additional artwork.

The new Guest room. Not much to say about this; it's basically the same as before except no bookcase, no door to the bathroom and a bigger closet. Oh yeah, and a TV watching cat...

The new Bathroom. I apologize for the lighting on this one; once again I had issues with it. It's kind of hard to see but the toilet is there in the bottom right corner. I used different tiles in the shower and changed the color of the glass to the shower. I also used a different vanity as I had given myself a smaller area for the sink and mirror.

And finally, the Garage. Since I had to change the placement of the door to fit the changes to rest of the level I figured I'd take a picture from a different angle than before. And in doing such, I realized why I had had trouble with the lighting in here before. I'd used the blue light source. So, I changed that to the lighting that's visible in the picture. Now the actual color I'd used on the car is visible as well.

[Feb 7, 2016, 8:06:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

While thinking about it, I realized that I hadn't taken any other pictures of the outside of the house other than the one front angle. So, here goes.

This is a little bit of one of the sides of the house. It had been previously only hinted at in one angle of the front room. It's what's on the opposite side of the the side door. It's a little sitting area with a dog house.

Two different views of the back patio, each from the different corners of the fencing. I'm still working on figuring out what to put into the patio area. One thing I'm thinking on adding is a grill and another sitting area, but I'm just trying to figure out where exactly place them.

[Feb 8, 2016, 7:08:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved