Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 69063 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: A house I've been working on

I have one thing though that I've got doubts about on this house, the main floor bathroom and if there's a way to switch out the shower stall and change it to a bathtub.

Anybody got any ideas?
----------------------------------------

[Feb 15, 2016, 6:17:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's a picture of the entrance, from the opposite side of the garage door.

If you're wondering what those diagonally striped boxes are, they're supposed to be trimmed hedges. I couldn't figure out how to make them so I used the basic box with a texture on it to try and simulate a "box hedge". I don't think it turned out quite the way I want.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to have more realistic looking hedges?

[Feb 16, 2016, 3:46:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Try one of these models ...
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 16, 2016, 6:01:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you for the suggestion; I do see several that I like. I am, however, unsure as to how to add them to the program so that I can use them. Could you help me?

[Feb 16, 2016, 3:13:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

To download Sketchup files:
1 - Click the image that you like
2 - In the new window, click the big red button
3 - From the dropdown menu, click the file you want (Collada and KMZ can be imported directly in SH3D)
4 - import the downloaded file as you would any furniture model.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 16, 2016, 3:42:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I have one thing though that I've got doubts about on this house, the main floor bathroom and if there's a way to switch out the shower stall and change it to a bathtub.

Anybody got any ideas?

You have a bathtub in this post and this post . Why not use it?
Hawk
[Feb 16, 2016, 4:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, hansmex.

I've downloaded one of the hedges and have replaced all the weird boxes.

Now that looks better.

[Feb 16, 2016, 6:53:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

So, I went with your advice, HawkDawg, and copied the bathtub I'd had in the level 1 bathroom. I did however end up taking some floor space from the two closets on the other side as well as a bit of rearranging, but I think it turned out alright.

I took this picture from the corner near the bathroom door, angled slightly down, trying to get in as much of what's going on in the room as possible. The only thing I'm not all that happy about is the fact that there's this open space at the foot of the bathtub.

I'm thinking of some possible changes to the room though...

[Feb 16, 2016, 8:51:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Brainstorm.
I think I came up with a way to fill in the empty spot.

I'm not sure why putting a shower curtain in would make the shower so dark, but what can I do? I added a wall and a cabinet with shelving, although the cabinet isn't quite the right sizing as I would've hoped for.

Since adding the cabinet, I figured the vanity needed a bit of a makeover; I changed it to the oak texture. Now it goes better with the cabinet/shelving.

[Feb 16, 2016, 11:29:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Looks nice, but hard to tell exactly without knowing dimensions and see the layout in full.
..why putting a shower curtain in would make the shower so dark, but what can I do?
1) I guess the obvious answer is: add a light source smile. Anyway, experimenting with "Incandescent light source" at various strengths and various sizes around the room should give you the perfect rendering - eventually.
2) You could also try to use a semi-transparent texture on the shower curtain. Even if that can be quite tricky to control and get right... (It is also possible to edit the general opacity of the model, but unfortunately not from within SH3D colour dialogue.)
ok
[Feb 17, 2016, 7:10:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved