Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 69071 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: A house I've been working on

Here's a screenshot of what the main floor bathroom looks like from the floor plan.

I just realized that I hadn't moved the virtual visitor out of the bathtub after taking the previous shot... Anyway, as you can see the room is roughly 8 feet by 7 feet. A bit small I grant but not too bad.
I do have a light source in the bathroom, but now that I look at it I think I might have it at the wrong angle for light to get past the shower curtain. I used the Halogen light source, set to about 25%, which probably explains the starkness of it?
I'll try and see what I can do about the transparency of the shower curtain as well.

Thank you, okh, for the great advice.
----------------------------------------

[Feb 17, 2016, 11:45:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've made a few I think minor changes to both the master bath and the front yard area.

I've changed the tile on the floor and the bathing areas, changed the pattern on the shower curtain as well as flipped it, and added a matching bath mat.

I have been unable to take a fully rendered 3D picture of the front, I think because of the cherry tree as well as possibly the rose bushes. This is actually a cropped screenshot. Okay, instead of the two green trees in the front it's now one cherry tree. And instead of the row of bushes it's now planters with roses. I tried finding stargazer lilies (my favorite flowers) to put there instead but I didn't find any on the previously mentioned page that I liked.

[Feb 21, 2016, 7:46:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I had an idea. Make the main floor exterior facade out of the old castle stones texture just like the entrance? Anybody have any thoughts on that?

I had to take a screenshot instead of a rendered photo for this I think because of the really nice cherry tree I have in the front yard. Maybe I should remove it and try to get a rendered photo...

[Feb 21, 2016, 10:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I just did a little work on the front facade of the house and have come up with the following:

Now, just image there are crossed beams in the rectangular sections surrounding the windows, since I'm not sure what to use to do so.

Also, because of the file size of the cherry tree that I'd put in the front yard, I had to take it out in order to even get a rendered picture, but just imagine it there.

[Mar 8, 2016, 5:20:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's a straight-on view in a screenshot.

You'll probably notice that in the rendered photos the fences and beams are light brown while in the screenshots they're darker. I intended for them to be darker, and used a color that I thought would work before the program update added the wood textures. Actually, I really wanted the beams to be about as dark as they are on the "Tudor Castle version 2" in my other post, but there are so many of them that it would take a lot of work to fix it.

[Mar 8, 2016, 5:31:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

So, I took the time to change not only the texture on the beams but also on the window casings and fencing.

[Mar 10, 2016, 10:07:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lisahome

Re: A house I've been working on (Tudor) redesigned

was looking for premade Tudor homes and saw this model, but wanted a truer version of the model without modernizing, was fun!
sorry don't do custom interiors yet
suggestions or questions welcome :)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/x3ajjj4ms14c4uq/Tudor%20inspo%20sidebyside.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5rkboql9qb1t9ol/Tudor%20inspo%201st%20fl.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/brp7sb53s82i2zp/Tudor%20inspo%202nd%20fl.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/543c595wi8tflvc/Tudor%20inspo%203rd%20fl.jpg
[Mar 8, 2018, 7:46:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

That's quite interesting; we both interpreted this same model in different ways. What you came up with is truly fascinating. You stuck closer to true with your model and worked hard to recreate it, while I was more inspired by it to create something that could work in more modern times, for myself.

I like it. smile

I do want to apologize though for taking so long to post my reply as I was actually in the middle of making some adjustments to my version. With my adjustments (and changes) my file for it has gotten quite large, and I've had to make a secondary file without any of the inside furnishings (except for lighting and built-ins of course) for outside shots.

I was able to take rendered shots of the outside today (both aerial and virtual visitor views), and can share those with you.

Aerial Front.

Virtual Visitor Front.

You can see that I've included some cherry trees in blossom in the front. I've also taken out those rose bushes in trestles (would that be the right word for what I'd had? I don't know) along the front, replaced one with a hedge, and the rest with a different model of rose bushes and lily plants. I readjusted the direction of the front gate, and made the driveway gate a single one instead of double. I replaced what I'd used for the roofing so that the bottom edge worked better. Finally, I realized that the turret entrance that I'd had on there before wasn't actually very even (the roofing wasn't matching up) so I took all that out and started from scratch, with the roofing as the starting point... pun unintentional... laughing

Not visible in these pictures is the hanging light inside of the turret entrance, which I changed for the box-shaped model that I'd used in another project. I also adjusted the redness on the front door, but that barely visible in these pictures.

Aerial Back.

Virtual Visitor Back (four points of view).

As you can see, I did take out that entire back of the fencing. I figured it best to no longer limit the size of the backyard as much as I had. I also replaced the entire outdoor kitchen with another model that I found on 3D Warehouse (this one is actually a full kitchen; the "bar" is actually two other models by the same designer). It's a bit wider than what I'd had before so I ended up moving the rest of the furnishings (including the fireplace) in order to make room. I realize that I no longer have bar stools; I meant to add them but didn't have quite enough room to put them back. I then realized that the fireplace didn't look right, that it no longer tied in to the backyard, so I changed some of its textures to match the kitchen. I also replaced all of those boxes that I'd used for the patio covering with something else that I'd previously found on 3D Warehouse. I also changed the paved area using a picture I'd found online for patio tiling.

Virtual Visitor, Side Door. My final picture at present.

Not much changes here. I used a fun fabric texture for the table umbrella. I actually added another lamppost, but it's unfortunately just out of sight on the virtual visitor's right. I trued up the hedges back here to fit better in the space provided. I also dimmed the porch lights around the door (I hadn't realized just how bright they were until I tried to render this picture), and I adjusted the redness of the door, just as I'd done to the front door.

And as I write the above, I realize that I probably need to do the same with the other porch lights around the garage doors...

I believe I added a couple of extra windows to the top floor (in the master bedroom), but I think that I might have added more in other places. Thing is, I don't remember where else exactly, and I don't seem to see any older pictures that would help remind me.

[Mar 15, 2018, 4:38:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lisahome

that looks great, I need to figure out how to post pics directly. I also had to completely redo mine (fun tho) because I realized with the entryway at the top of the winding stair, her head was in the upstairs closet! So I completely redid the stairs with half landings. Will post sometime :)

Do you know where you found the original model pic? Tx
[Mar 19, 2018, 2:21:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I don't remember where I'd originally found the model picture, but I just did an internet search and found this website:

Would Anne Boleyn Have Enjoyed Living in a Tudor Revival House?

This article contains a picture of the model as well as other homes. I hope that helps.

As for posting pictures directly, I don't think that's possible (although I'm not a part of the developers of this forum) but you can post them to a free site (like TinyPic or MediaFire) and they provide you with a link you can add to what you write.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment; I don't expect them but am highly grateful for them.

[Mar 19, 2018, 8:53:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved