Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 142777 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.2

Emmanuel -

I recently installed versions 4.6, 5.1, and 5.2a simultaneously to compare render quality and handling of Sketchup two-sided faces -- but I'm not here to talk about that. Instead, I swear it seems as if images render faster using a bucket size of 64 than one of 32 -- even though I can't think of any reason that would actually be the case. (I'm sure it is slightly faster, simply from having to do only half as many bucket set-ups and tear-downs, but I can't imagine the difference would be perceivable.) Instead, I have to assume it's simply an illusion -- but it's a welcome illusion.

Thanks,
maz
[Mar 5, 2016, 3:18:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I updated the bucket size to 64 because I read it was a good default value. Actually, I hope it's better than 32, not only for the speed. wink

By the way, about the problems you reported when you updated to version 5.2:
When using the click-and-drag method of changing Virtual Visitor eye height in the 2D window, the Visitor icon shrinks as it is lowered
There was no change in this behavior (for reasonable height values, the visitor size is supposed to match the size of the human with the eyes at the same elevation as the camera), but I know I should find a better solution. Actually the indicators at the border of the visitor have an higher priority when the mouse pointer is placed on them, making the center zone used to move the visitor too small in some cases.

The 3D window (in Virtual Visitor mode, at least; I haven't tested it in Aerial View) often fails to update or takes an inordinately long time to update.
Maybe you unchecked the Adjust eyes elevation according to selected level option available in the virtual visitor modification pane when there's more than a level in a home?

after I open the furniture properties window, especially for a complex model, when I go to close it SH3D often takes an unusually long amount of time to do so -- even if no changes have been made.
Did you notice it was longer than with previous versions? Maybe the home you design becomes quite large, and as you're under a 32 bit system, it won't be possible to use much more RAM for the program.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 5, 2016, 10:24:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Emmanuel --

Please see this post; I fear I didn't make it clear enough what I was referring to. After testing and documenting those three consistently repeatable errors, I rebooted -- and they all went away. I suspect it was a conflict between versions when installing one on top of the other.
Many (but not all) of the render oddities disappeared after the reboot, as well.

maz
[Mar 5, 2016, 11:27:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

@Emmanuel -

While the extreme delays in updating the 3D window or to return from editing an object have not recurred, I have experienced the Incredible Shrinking Virtual Visitor again under 5.2a. Unfortunately, I still haven't identified the sequence of actions required to enter that state (or to leave it, for that matter). The symptom is the same as initially reported: Using the click-and-drag method to lower or raise Visitor eye height causes the Visitor icon to shrink or grow, respectively.

maz
[Mar 9, 2016, 7:58:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved