Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 142736 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
YGYL
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.2

'Invisible texture 'It is a very good feature. Equivalent to DEL the extra parts.
If you add to modify Material Opacity feature and Rotation feature is better.
[Feb 13, 2016, 5:14:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, the Beta 3 fixes the issue on invisible parts reported by okh. The Windows installer should fix the error on the signature okh and others reported.

This new version brings also a few improvements:
- Resizing furniture with its resize indicator is now proportional when shift is pressed.
- The plan viewport (the visible part of the plan when it's displayed with scroll bars) moves only when selected items become completely invisible after a change. This should improve an annoying behavior that moved the visible part of the plan at big zoom factors when you used the arrow keys to move an object.
- A group doesn't store its color or texture anymore, and when you modify the color, texture and shininess on a group, the modification will now directly alter the children of the group, as if you had selected them first (this is a very subtle difference that didn't worth it, and was annoying for future XML file format).
- I tried to improve the scale of the user interface with the new com.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale system property equal to a factor that will be applied to fonts and icons displayed in the interface. This will allow to enlarge the program interface for computers with a HiDPI screen, but can be tested on any computer. You can try it with the Windows installer by adding the line
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=1.5
to a SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file stored in Sweet Home 3D installation directory (you can try smaller or larger scales too). No need to change the look and feel as explained in this thread.
The font in the help pages isn't resized yet, but I hope I'll find a solution before the final release. Note also the changes in the source code for this feature are not committed in CVS yet, and I wait for your feedback before doing it. Hope there are some beta testers among you who can test it on a HiDPI computer!
Many thanks to Dan for his suggestions.

YGYL, sorry, I don't think transparency management on materials will appear soon, and rotation won't be for this time. But years after years, I have new ideas about rotating furniture around other axes, and the last idea I found might be not too difficult to understand for everybody.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 15, 2016, 9:41:52 PM]
[Feb 15, 2016, 9:33:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Interesting new features - shall be looking forward to trying.
fixes the issue on invisible parts reported by okh. The Windows installer should fix the error on the signature okh and others reported
Yes - both issues are fixed. Thanks.

Still, after Win10 upgrade the Windows Smart Screen suddenly blocks me from even attempting to run (even before the normal warnings). Biggest trouble not a warning in itself, but that the option to overruleis hidden in the blue More info text and does not appear as a button.

It seems the Smart Screen existed even under Win 8 and before, but the strange thing is that it did not appear on this PC until Win10 upgrade (I may well have disabled it, or it may be that SH3D was on the list before).

I suspect this may impact SH3D downloads because users give up or do not think of pressing the More info text. It happens both with IE and Firefox, so not only a browser issue. But e.g. Sketchup is not blocked by the Smart Screen.

http://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/bugs/651/
[Feb 16, 2016, 8:52:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback smile
To let you test more easily the com.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale feature, I prepared a x2 scale version of the user interface that you can run with this special Java Web Start link. Under Linux, it also uses an other look and feel because setting size fonts don't have any effect on the default look and feel.
The Java Web Start link doesn't seem to work properly under Mac OS X, but it's not important on that system, because Retina HiDPI screens are already automatically managed in Java.
[Feb 16, 2016, 9:33:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

More in stackoverflow on what triggers the Smart Screen - I guess it may just be a new release issue. Off topic, I know, but I cannot help being annoyed by the fact that an option to run is hidden in the More info text. And this is an obstacle to market entry for many brilliant outsider developers, see also FSF blog post.
[Feb 16, 2016, 9:33:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

ALSO WITH 5.1 installation: Tried installing the normal download too with Win10 / Edge (read somewhere that Edge has an additional implementation of SmartScreen in addition to what now appears to be part of the Win10 OS).

Having vented my frustrations in SF bugs 651, I will shut up and go back to work.

ok

[Feb 16, 2016, 11:39:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

You probably know this already, but neither the web start nor the installer versions of 5.2 beta (any) are currently available...
[Feb 17, 2016, 8:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The version 5.2 was released tonight, and therefore I removed all the beta versions. For your information, I found a way to display the help at a larger scale for the HiDPi version.

Hope you'll like the new logo:

Many thanks for your support! smile
[Feb 17, 2016, 9:17:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

The version 5.2 was released tonight, and therefore I removed all the beta versions.

Well, that would explain it! wink

Thanks for the fast fixes and enhancements. I've been out of town for a little while, and am looking forward to playing with the new version. (So far I'd only been able to try 5.2 beta 1.)

By the way, have you managed to make it through my far-too-long rambling discussion of anti-aliasing in SunFlow? I've been trying to step through the source to see if I could find any possible problems with SunFlow's oversampling and surface normals, but with no luck. I suspect I'll need to compile a copy with maximum debugging code activated before I'll have a chance of finding anything -- a temptation I'm trying to resist until I manage to get some consulting gigs scheduled -- but hoped I might have jogged your memory about something you'd seen earlier. I'm still experimenting with aa.min = 0, aa.max = 4 with good results, but it would be nice to know for certain if these settings are truly an improvement....

Thanks again -- I'm off to play with 5.2 (release)!

Maz
[Feb 17, 2016, 11:11:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks - and congratulations!

BTW: Win installer works like a charm and with no SmartScreen / certificate warnings - tried on both 8.1 and 10.

ok
[Feb 18, 2016, 7:53:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved