Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 142700 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.2

For your information, all installers and source code were updated on February 19, 2016 to fix a possible conflict during auto saving of homes for recovery (version in About dialog shown as 5.2a). Sorry for an inconvenience this may cause.
I must have some bad luck with .2 versions sad
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 19, 2016, 7:59:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Been assessing some software products in my time. SH3D does not even come close to any list in terms of lack of stability. So, no reason to loose sleep over this - what is very nice is that you turned around and produced a fix the same day smile - enjoy your week-end. ok
[Feb 19, 2016, 8:13:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Have you managed to make it through my far-too-long rambling discussion of anti-aliasing in SunFlow?
I read your interesting comment (it's never too long). As said before, I might adjust default settings of Sunflow in a future version, but I prefer to go very carefully on this subject.
[Feb 20, 2016, 8:31:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Probably several people are willing to experiment with settings.

Ideally, we would have:
- a timer added to the photo creation window;
- more options in the Advanced Settings Photo Rendering plug-in;
- a standard file that shows all the (un)wanted features:
- - interior light;
- - exterior light entering through window(s);
- - glass and transparency;
- - white spots;
- - "double" textures (Mazoola example);
- - flipped faces on (Sketchup) models, etc.

Finally, a list of tasks of different settings worth exploring.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 20, 2016, 9:47:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Emmanuel -

I've found a few oddities about v 5.2a. Quite a few have to do with its handling of surface normals (spoiler alert: it does so differently from v 5.2 beta 1), and it displays some odd persistent-state behavior (e.g., render Image 1 at Q4 default; change a render setting and generate Image 2; reset to defaults and render Image 3: Image 1 and Image 3 are not identical.) However, as this is undoubtedly brain-numbing for virtually everyone, and as I'm still running tests, I'll document what I've found in the next day or so in its own thread.

I do want to mention three non-surface normal issues I've found though, in the meantime. Let me know if you'd like tickets opened against these.

1. When using the click-and-drag method of changing Virtual Visitor eye height in the 2D window, the Visitor icon shrinks as it is lowered, making it difficult to manipulate further. As a work-around, the user can double-click on the icon and return the eye height to its usual level in the properties window. (If the mouse button hasn't been released, raising the eye height will cause the icon size to increase until it reaches its default.)

2. The 3D window (in Virtual Visitor mode, at least; I haven't tested it in Aerial View) often fails to update or takes an inordinately long time to update. For instance, if I change from one level to another at a different elevation, the 3D display may change to reflect the Visitor's new elevation. When I return to the original level, though, the display will often continue to display the scene from the previous level. If I do this while monitoring system resources through Task Manager or SysInternals' Process Monitor, I see CPU utilization by the Java process drop to and remain at 0%, even though the 3D display doesn't update. Selecting or resizing the 3D window will not cause the display to update; moving the Visitor's position usually will, albeit often only after a significant delay.

3. Not quite as reproducible, I find after I open the furniture properties window, especially for a complex model, when I go to close it SH3D often takes an unusually long amount of time to do so -- even if no changes have been made. (For instance, select a complex model, open its properties window, and click the 'Materials' button. Without modifying any materials, select 'Cancel.' Often, there is a long delay before the 'Materials' window closes, returning you to the 'Properties' window. Select 'Cancel' from this window, and another long delay occurs before the 'Properties' window closes.) I've also had the system freeze while trying to cancel out of the 'Materials' window, requiring me to kill the Java process.

Admittedly, I'm running on an underpowered Core2 Duo running 32-bit XP on 4 Gb RAM, so I'm at least partly to blame...
[Feb 22, 2016, 10:02:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
leeG

Question on Mac App Store and Version 5.2.

I purchased Sweet Home 3D from the Mac App Store on Feb 20. It is Version 5.1.1. Is there going to be an Mac App Store update to 5.2?

Thanks
[Feb 22, 2016, 4:39:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

LeeG, please be patient. It takes always more or less a week to Apple to review new versions.
[Feb 23, 2016, 9:56:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Emmanuel -

Um... never mind.

After a day spent fighting the three problems I mentioned earlier, for the last two days I've had no trouble at all with SH3D. (Well, the 3D window seems to take a little longer to update than previously -- but, then, my plan is significantly larger.)

My best guess is there were conflicts among libraries in use. I'd started out running 5.2 beta 1 before installing 5.2 and, shortly after, 5.2a. At that point I started noticing the delays and hangs. Because of the surface normal issues, rather than leave the PC on overnight to render a complex scene, I powered it off; when I returned to it the following night, everything was OK. I can only assume the reboot cleared out whatever internal struggle had been going on.

This raises the question whether the surface normal problems I found (and painstakingly documented straight face) actually exist. I'll dive back in later today....

Thanks,
maz
[Feb 24, 2016, 11:15:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jz77f

It's great to see a new version! Sorry to say that, but the old problem with crashing in Ubuntu when one opens the Preferences or runs Create Photo is back. Version 5.0 works well.
Note I have java version "1.7.0_95", OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.4) (7u95-2.6.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.1), OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.95-b01, mixed mode).
[Feb 27, 2016, 7:39:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
beber_mal

France

hi Jz77f,

it's a known issue with some linux distributions.

read the FAQ at the question "Sweet Home 3D crashes when I want to edit preferences, print, create a photo or create a video. What can I do?"
[Feb 27, 2016, 11:29:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved