Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6910 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Dyn69

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to Modify or Cut Out Unnecessary Part of Furniture

Hello,

I'm Dyne. I'm new to SH3D and i kinda have some problems in importing furniture.

Take it for example, when i downloaded the 3d model file (be it .3ds or .obj), it looks like one fine bed. But when i imported it and use it in SH3D, it actually became scattered pieces like that in the picture :'(

And i also downloaded a "collection" of cushion. I thought it would be one piece per file. But it actually came in a group :'(

And so... i'd like to ask an advice or some help from you guys >ll<

Is there any way to modify or to "cut out the unnecessary part" of the furniture (3d model) that has been imported to the library...?!

Thank you in advance.

PS : I'm sorry for my poor English. I've tried my best >ll<
[Jan 18, 2016, 9:33:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: How to Modify or Cut Out Unnecessary Part of Furniture

Your images do not show (sharing setting?).

To remove parts, you will need to edit the original file (with Blender/Art of Illusion or similar).

ok

If the model has different colours/textures for the various parts, you could apply an invisible texture to the part you do not want.
[Jan 19, 2016, 9:22:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dyn69

so we cannot do it (modify the furniture) directly from SH3D? :o
eventhough it's just cutting/cropping some part?! :o

ahh... it's so inconvenient if we have to use another software everytime we need to modify our furniture (my old computer won't allow me to open 2 or more "heavy" programs at the same time) TT^TT

** i'm sorry i don't understand the (image) setting T^T
[Jan 20, 2016, 9:09:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Alas, except the trick with applying invisible textures to some parts of the models it will work on, no, SH3D can only do limited editing of the models: rotating (at import), scaling, stretching, colours/textures and so on. Which is quite a lot when you think about it.

I agree that it would be inconvenient if you had to swap between programs all the time. But then the obvious solution is to find (single) models that are close to what you need. If you if you look through the additional free models , different libraries - not to mention all the other sites that provide models - you should be able to find something very close to what you are looking for with a bit of searching. Cushions, for instance, are abundant. And if something is missing, you could always ask in the forum. Maybe someone has made it.

And in your case, it seems you have come across a model that does not work very well (the scattered one). Then there really is very good reason to look for another model.

Good luck.

ok
[Jan 21, 2016, 7:39:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dyn69

woww~ i never knew that sites exist. thank you very much for the advice. it's really helpfull >>>.<<<

nb : still, how i wish SH3D will add those features (like crop, cut, erase, or rotate to x, y, z axis) in the future >>>.<<<

GBU~ :)
[Jan 22, 2016, 2:10:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved