Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19114 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Imported furniture libraries don't show up

I know this is a bit off-topic, but for those that are still running Win 7 and don't want to be bothered with the constant harassment from Microsoft to upgrade to Win 10, check this website for a good little utility, GWX Control Panel, to block those messages from Microsoft.
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Feb 4, 2016, 8:39:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ittay

yah, in addition to downgrades, making the great MS-WINDOWS work conveniently (at least for serious work) is about finding utilities and workarounds that fix or bypass the manufacturer's intentions. I have spent days and days on this. But well, at least my Win10 is now in a bearable state, so I am going to work now... bye guys! smile
[Feb 4, 2016, 9:35:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alberich

Hello,

I had the same problem, yesterday.
In my case, it was the missing first line in the file PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties which should read
'# PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties' (without quotes.)

I just mention the "solution" because it took me hours to find it and I couldn't find anything in the forum.

al
[Jan 21, 2017, 2:15:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
campervan

Just installed Sweethome 3D v5.7 coming with Ubuntu 18.04-beta2.

I cannot import .sh3f libraries - it always gives a "...successfully imported" message, yet no new furniture elements appear.

Clearly some import error goes undetected, because in the directory .eteks/sweethome3d/work/.../ some temporary file temp1678*.sh3f gets written and remains there even after exiting and restarting. No messages are showing up on console.

This also happens after erasing the /usr/share/sweethome3d/furniture/ directory. No luck wiping out configuration, using different language, importing zip instead of sh3d, etc.

It didn't happen with Sweethome3d 5.5.2 coming with Ubuntu 17.10.
Anyway I tried to install the 5.5.2 on Ubuntu 18.04 (still with Java 9.0.4) and the import problem is still there (including the stale temporary work file): it may be due to some bizarre Java library issue, not SweetHome3D's fault.
[Apr 10, 2018, 2:30:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As I'm not sure Sweet Home 3D can fully work under Java 9, I would suggest to use the installer available here which comes with a private copy of Java 8.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 10, 2018, 4:45:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I can confirm this!
Under debian and derivation, the versions of SH3D don't work correctly mostly because of installed java, specific to debian policy.
I modify the official installer to load the official java 9 and 10.
At first impression it work.
BUT at second it don't import furniture and textures.
Only the plugins but I'm not sure if are all imported (I didn't verify it).
On terminal I see some error about j3d but I stop there.
So, the best option is to run the official SH3D from the site which are completely functional with jre8.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 10, 2018, 8:18:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved