Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3952 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
valiumsky

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Problem with hi-definition 3D rendering

Hello everyone
I'm experiencing some problem with hi-definition 3D rendering.
Creating a 3D picture with high details and lighting (as reference, 3rd and 4th step in the rendering window) does not work. It creates a totally black picture with three squares in the middle (one yellow, one pink and one blue).

My computer: MacBook Pro 13" Retina (my 2015), i5 processor, RAM memory 16GB, Intel Iris 6100.
I have not problems with other 3D programs... How could I resolve? Low-res renderings are really bad.

Thank you very much.
[Jan 22, 2016, 11:03:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
swave

Re: Problem with hi-definition 3D rendering

Have you tried from different positions? The view point is not exactly the same, if you're "inside" a wall you'll get a black picture. But I've never seen colored squares...
[Jan 23, 2016, 8:32:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Check if there is a green square as well. In that case, if you have a four-core-processor, these squares represent the cores of your computer and indicate which part of the image they are processing.

If they don't run around in circles this may indicate that the model is too big, or too complex, or that you haven't allocated enough memory to SH3D.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 23, 2016, 9:32:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
valiumsky

Italy

Thanks for replies.
I already checked the memory - it's ok, the application does not have any kind of limitation. The project is far less complex than other that I rendered with success.

I tried with other project and hi-fidelity rendering works great - I have my picture in 1 minute or less. I assume this project is somehow broken - I'll try to copy and past each level with furniture in an empty project and try again.
[Jan 23, 2016, 10:01:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Another reason might be a faulty model you imported from some site.
To solve such issues, I follow this process:
1 - Delete half of your models, and try to render.
2 - If render is successful, the faulty model is one of the deleted models.
3 - If render is UNsuccessful, restore models with UNDO button, and delete the other half. Try to render.

By repeating these steps you can quickly narrow down which model is causing problems.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 23, 2016, 10:05:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
valiumsky

Italy

Hey guys.
I just tried to copy and paste all stories of my project into an empty one. The rendering worked... Until I added again an imported 3D furniture model (an .obj of a BMW car) and the rendering stopped working again. I think this poly model is the problem.
I will delete it and look for another one.

Anyway thank you for your help. ;)
[Jan 23, 2016, 4:55:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved