Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3870 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Alpha channel and shadow catcher

Hi, and thanks for a most useful and elegant app. I have been using sh3d for a couple of years now, and it feels like I have gotten quite familiar with how it works.

I was wondering, since I know several users are using this app for making illustrations (that's how I learned about this program in the first place), if it would be possible to include an option for making the sky into an alpha channel, and at the same time making the ground into a shadow-catcher only, since the problem with using green or blue solids for texturing the sky and the ground, is that the color is reflected in windows and other reflective surfaces, which makes it hard to use chroma keying in the post processing where we often have a need to place our house (or whatever we have created) in a landscape or an environment that can not be produced by sh3d.

Well... just letting my mind wander...

Cecilia
[Jan 25, 2016, 8:50:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved