Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3666 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
SweetRon

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Splash Screen (Not Responding)

I've been using Sweet Home 3d on this 64 bit Win 7 Pro laptop for a few months. But, I've had an intermittent problem starting it. It seems there will be periods I can't use it, for days, then it'll start working again. It's currently not working again.

I'll get the initial layout screen and it will after a couple seconds go "Not Responding" at which point I can only exit. (Program details below).

I didn't see a log file. I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Rebooted, etc. I also uninstalled and then uninstalled Java and reinstalled.

I really like the software. I also tried downloading from Amazon with the enhanced libraries; but, that's probably the same current version anyhow. Is there a specific version of Java I should be using?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: javaw.exe
Application Version: 8.0.600.27
Application Timestamp: 55c10193
Hang Signature: f2e3
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: f2e33879bd3c0a46e04ae600ce182193
Additional Hang Signature 2: 0e4a
Additional Hang Signature 3: 0e4a9420b8c078a80936aee078fe88ea
Additional Hang Signature 4: f2e3
Additional Hang Signature 5: f2e33879bd3c0a46e04ae600ce182193
Additional Hang Signature 6: 0e4a
Additional Hang Signature 7: 0e4a9420b8c078a80936aee078fe88ea

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
[Jan 26, 2016, 5:24:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Splash Screen (Not Responding)

Maybe you could try with the 32 bit version of the program. Sometimes, the 32 bit version of video drivers works better. You won't be able to design houses with many detailed objects because of memory limitations, but if you want to try, install a JRE 32 bit (installer noted x86), then click on this link to launch it with Java Web Start (the About dialog of Sweet Home 3D will tell you if you actually run the program in 32 bit or 64 bit).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 28, 2016, 8:58:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SweetRon

Thank you for the advise. I had already tried it with web start and that works fine. My issue is with the standalone version intermittently Not Responding on startup.

I'm not convinced it's a graphics issue. I was going to fallback to successively older graphics drivers today and see if that resolves the issue. However, I just started the standalone SH3D and it's working again. So, next time it stops working I'll play with the drivers.

Hmmm it appears I'm already using 32 bit - I assume that's what was bundled with the download. Java version 1.8.0_71 / 32 bit / 0.6 GB max

Maybe I should try 64 bit?

Anything else you'd suggest looking at which you've experienced hanging this?

Thanks
[Jan 30, 2016, 4:05:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved