Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8212 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
onederc

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Is there a mirror model that actually reflects the ojects in the room?

Or is this even possible?
[Jan 27, 2016, 7:16:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Is there a mirror model that actually reflects the ojects in the room?

Yes, several of the mirrors for SH3D will reflect (when rendering at q3/q4). See SourceForge 3D models 303 for more information about how. ok
[Jan 27, 2016, 12:52:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Is there a mirror model that actually reflects the ojects in the room?

If I remember correctly, you can also create a mirror effect without having to edit object files manually:

- After positioning the item of furniture you wish to have a reflective surface, double-click on it to open the 'Modify furniture' window.

- Under 'Color and texture,' select 'Materials' and click 'Modify.'

- Furniture components you want to be reflective should be assigned a color of pure black (#000000), with the shininess slider set to maximum.

I know I've used this to create 'chrome-plated' fixtures, for instance -and I *think* I've used it to make a mirror. (I'd quickly test it, if I could, but I'm away from home and working on an end-of-life PC that stubbornly refuses to run SH3D.)

I could swear there's a thread here, somewhere, with a comment from Emmanuel explaining this, but I'll be darned if I can find it....
[Apr 6, 2016, 11:59:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved