Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19170 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Landscaping

Looks good! I guess you know, but you can use the same grass texture on the triangles as you use on the ground.

There are ever so many posts about roofs. If you have not found them yet, here are a couple:
hansmex' tutorial,
Blog: How to design a sloping ceiling with a window,
Arun's roof turorial.

If you do not want to construct yourself, there are roofs on the 3D models page too and some in the SourceForge pages, such as these.

ok
[Feb 24, 2016, 4:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
somuchfun

An even better rendition:

http://imgur.com/YQtzmlQ
[Feb 25, 2016, 2:10:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
somuchfun

OMG! Why did I think roofs were so hard?

http://imgur.com/WZIKGeD
[Feb 25, 2016, 2:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

OMG! Why did I think roofs were so hard?
Do not know - but as your posts are 25 minutes apart, there is nothing wrong with your learning rate either smile

Looks good!
[Feb 25, 2016, 2:50:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
4Tom

germany

Hallo everyone,

I am trying to create a realistic Landscaping around my project.
The challenge is:

1)The terrain around the house has multiple vertical angles in various directions.
2)The boundaries of the property have a polyline layout. And I need to stay within these horzontal boundaies.

I tried to build with geo triangles. It is getting way to complex. In order to complete the task I figured I simply need a geo shape that allows two different angles in a rectangle horizontal shape.
(variable heights from ground for each corner A;B;C;D of that rectangle).

Has anyone a solution for this.

Thanks for reading!
[Dec 16, 2018, 9:03:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-good-program-...ndscape-such-as-an-island
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 16, 2018, 10:33:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

If all the surfaces are vertical or horizontal you may be able to produce them with the shape generator plug in, any curved surfaces would need other software as Hans suggests.
Mike
[Dec 16, 2018, 11:29:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
4Tom

germany

Thanks for the quick response.

I will try the plug-in first.
I will post my experiences asap!

Thank you both very much for the information, greatly appreciated!
[Dec 16, 2018, 5:18:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
4Tom

germany

I tried the plugin. It is not very comfortable to use, as it does not support drag and drop (much trial and error), but you get used to it - and does exactly what I needed. Thanks for the Tip!

I also installed blender, but for now it seems to be a bit to complex, I will familiarize with it later.
[Dec 17, 2018, 5:03:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved