Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10453 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Trebly

FRANCE
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Sweet Home 3D refuses to start on Windows 7 x64

Hi,

I had sometimes ago installed 5.0 and run Sweet Home 3D for some test.

I have installed yesterday 5.1 but it doesn't starts (just fails and stops after one or 2 seconds).

Then I searched for a Java problem.

I found what follows but I am not sure at all that there is any direct relation with the failure:

• SH3D comes with java with two versions which are different from the installed versions on the computer 8.0_51 and 8.0_60 x64, this while the computer his defined to use preferentially (path) 8.0_73 x64. The 8.0_73 x86 is also installed. There are only for test also the jdk 8.0_51 x6, the jre 8.0_60 x64, and for x86 only the 8.0_73.
  • SH3D with exe installer for windows doesn't offers particular options of installation and seems to need his own java version (into a subdir).
  • SH3D fail explicitly if it has not access to his own java directories (renamed temporarily to break the link and check if SH3D was searching on system)
  • old directory have been cleaned up before the installation of 5.1
  • No problem found on firewall and the av with the launch.
  • I have a C++ redistributable 2008 2010 2015 x64 and x86

So I am stopped, I don't find what else to check .
I have not found anything about such case into the forum or FAQ.
Thanks for help

Trebly
[Feb 17, 2016, 2:05:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sweet Home 3D refuses to start on Windows 7 x64

Sweet Home 3D Windows installer comes with its own copy of Java and is compiled to run with that version, so no matter what Java version you'll install on your computer, it won't be used with that installer.
Did you try the solutions proposed in the FAQ?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 20, 2016, 8:36:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cszoli

Hi!

After long time of searching for a suitable product to make 2D architectural floor plans for private use I have finally found SweetHome3D and I was very satisfied with the ergonomy and flexibility.
I used it for a whole day and created my floor plan. At some point (after installing some more libraries with objects and placing some of these objects) the SW simply crashed (disappeared from windows), and since then it does not start. I uninstalled it, removed the temp directory settings (not the registry entries), restarted my computer, reinstalled, no use.
Finally the java web start works but I wonder what may have happened and how I could bring the normal application to work.
I have Win7 64bit and have some experiences with java, also several JVMs and JDK's installed, but these were no problem for a whole day.
I added my entry to this thread as it seems greatly matching.
Maybe if you can help clean the last traces of this SW then a reinstall could work.
Thanks
Zoltan
[Mar 7, 2016, 4:56:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingakamine

I'm having trouble installing the new version. I can install, but when I open the program I get the message: the program will be closed because of a fatal error in rendering system 3D.

I do not know what to do.
[Mar 29, 2016, 4:29:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trebly

FRANCE

Hi,

the problem remains.
Till now I could never make run Sweet Home 3D on my computer.
I just reinstalled the last version : the same ->

After one or two seconds the hourglass disappears.

I have no way for searching the failure, nothing to do else than that I have done.

Best regards

Trebly
[Jun 12, 2016, 6:01:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please, try the version 5.3 Beta 6 proposed here. Not sure it will solve your problem under Windows 7 too, but it might worth trying.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 12, 2016, 6:54:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trebly

FRANCE

Hi,

It goes on fail at starting since today I decide
1- to rename the jre directory -> jre8-74
2- create a new jre8 copying my own 8u92

Then I reached the launch, but the issue had been :
- fatal error in 3D... please update DirectX/openGl of video

Then I launched an update from nvidia with :
368.39-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe
this while the last drivers proposed by Asus are :
VGA_nVidia_Win7_64_Z817129616 (2012)

But I still get the error.

So it seems that it is impossible to run the soft on a ASUS G73SW (16Go memory) with processor Core I7 2630qm and a graphic card NVidia GTX460M which seems too bad.

The SweetHome 3D seems to need much more sophisticated computers than NVidia can propose with his last drivers.

Best regards

Trebly
[Jun 26, 2016, 12:23:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trebly

FRANCE

Hi,

It is quite sure that there is a link with the current JAVA installation.
After replacing the bin by the last version, and clear one error in my path(s) due to updates and 32 and 64 versions JDK... I can run SweetHome3D till start.

But I have a failure due to "opengl" and/or ? "directx" update.
This happens on two different computer which are normally perfectly updated.

Then my question is :
What is checked (available functions) to get this issue ?
As it is possible to list the current functions of the installed drivers, the comparison should make able to understand the reason of this locking issue.

Best regards

Trebly
[Jun 30, 2016, 10:34:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trebly

FRANCE

Hi,
I have created a new thread, because of the new subject with the fatal error on 3D drivers.

For the current one, I can close with the following conclusion :

- There are verified links between the problem met and the java installation(s) (I have 32 and 64bits versions), even Sweethome3D comes with his own version.

Because of failures in upgrades of java there where incoherences between current version installed path and the various path found into the registry and the Environment variables.
After cleaning all Sweethome3D runs normally but fails on the display 3D drivers with fatal error.

Best regards

Trebly
[Jul 3, 2016, 12:18:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trebly

FRANCE

Hi,

Sorry, forgot that I run the 5.3 version and that it fails to be launched with the java version 8.0.740 and need 8.0.92 which is my current version (I have replaced the jre of the package).

With the second computer the symptom of drivers is the same but there is no java installed, then it runs with the packed 8.0.74 joined.

Conclusion : quite sure that if another version of java is installed on the computer this generates a crash at launch.
But there is no link with the drivers 3D problem.

Best regards

Trebly
[Jul 3, 2016, 12:35:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved