Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3550 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
RobertMason

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Application is hanging on start

I am running Ubuntu 15.10.

I've used Sweet Home 3D for a while, with success, but when I tried to use it today, I got as far as drawing the 4 walls of a room, then the application froze completely.

I restarted my PC but this time when I launched Sweet Home 3D it just opened an empty screen with a grey box in the bottom right corner, and hung once again. I couldn't even shut it down.

I restarted the PC, went to the Ubuntu Software Centre and un-installed the app, then re-installed it.

When I launched it again, I got the same problem.

The version Software Centre has is sweethome3d 4.5+dfsg-3
[Feb 19, 2016, 2:01:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Application is hanging on start

Please use the version available at Sourceforge.net.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 20, 2016, 8:33:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RobertMason

Thanks. I've DL'd the 64bit tarball and extracted it to a new directory, but there is no ReadMe file and the ./configure, make and make install commands in Terminal don't seem to be recognised when run against the new directory. How do I install it without Package Manager, please?
[Feb 20, 2016, 9:57:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Under Ubuntu, you don't have to install SH3D.
Just unzip the file, and you're ready.
Double-click the SH3D file to launch the program.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 20, 2016, 10:17:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved