Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 65
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 94116 times and has 64 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Tudor Castle version 2

This morning I had a thought concerning my "Tudor Castle" (see my previous thread "A house I've been working on").

"What if I moved the garage?"

After that thought, I realized that I'd have to start a completely new file for that. I've been working on it all day, and what I came up with is as follows:

These are front views of the new house, two arial views and one view from the virtual visitor.

Small disclaimer: It is still a work in progress as it hasn't been painted (inside or out), there are no closets, no furniture, no lighting, and no exterior decoration except for the entrance area.

It still has the same basic layout (mostly) with only a few changes made to it. First off, the garage and the third bedroom have been moved from the side to what had been the front of the original "Tudor Castle". I also slightly rearranged the other two bedrooms and bathroom as well as changed the shaping of the laundry room on Level 1. Level 2 I didn't make much changes.

I changed the windows and front door to a fancier styling; I even added a screen door to the front). I also changed the roofing some, although I think I need to do something else with the roof shape over the third bedroom (I think it looks kind of "wonky" - for lack of a better word).

Those dark "outlines" on the floor plans are the "beams" visible in the first three pictures.
----------------------------------------

[Feb 24, 2016, 1:09:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Tudor Castle version 2

I just realized upon review of this thread that I forgot to label the Living Room; it's the room listed as "230 sq ft".

[Feb 24, 2016, 1:13:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Looks very nice and tidy. My only question - not knowing the location - is that you seem to be facing the morning sun. Maybe you should add something to get easy access to the midday and evening sun...

Did you try sunlight simulation to see how the sun moves throughout the day?

ok
[Feb 24, 2016, 11:19:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

That's true, but I haven't looked to change the compass just yet. I'm still working on the details and will change that shortly.

[Feb 24, 2016, 3:43:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

The roofing over the third bedroom was really bothering me, so I worked on it and I think I made it nicer.

I still hadn't moved the compass when I took that picture. I have since made the house South facing.

I still haven't done anything with the outside other than that yet.

I also did some interior decorating. I started with the guest bathroom. This is the view from the corner near the door.

I then moved on to the guest bedroom. I put in a wardrobe instead of a closet, but I think I might change that.

Next was the kitchen and dining room. I made one wall a mirror wall. You can actually see down the hallway to the guest bedroom and bathroom in the mirror, although I hadn't painted the hallway at the time.

I finished up with the living room. I took the first picture from the stairway looking toward the front door and I realize now that I hadn't added a light to the ceiling in that one. The second picture is from the front door looking toward the kitchen area. I think the mirror wall makes the small dining room/kitchen both look tremendous in size.

[Feb 24, 2016, 10:39:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've gotten the second floor done.

Here's the bedroom marked as "Bedroom 1". You can see the edge of the closet on the right side of the picture. That little bit of wood visible in the bottom left corner is the dresser. The walls are supposed to be painted a light blue but for some reason the color is a bit washed out.

Here's the bedroom marked as "Bedroom 2". Basically it's a mirror of Bedroom 1 but with different design choices.

Main Bathroom. The toilet is just out of visual at the bottom left. And yes, the window is in the shower area, unfortunately. The walls are supposed to be a light green, complementary to the tiles; I might change that later.

Laundry room. Not much to it. There are storage cabinets in the one corner; the knobs for them are visible. The walls are supposed to be a lighter color than the hallway but this picture didn't quite capture that.

The Family room, as seen from the hallway. The wall color is supposed to be blue as well, but for some reason it looks green.

The Family room, as seen from the doorway of Bedroom 3.

Bedroom 3. There's another closet, the edge of which is just visible on the left side. I'm not quite satisfied with the layout of this room; I might change it later.

The next two pictures are of the back of the house. I've added a small patio, making the roofing styled like two of the roofs in the front. I've also started painting the exterior, using the texture "Beige roughcast with white stones", as I worked on the different rooms on each floor.

I'm thinking that maybe the patio area might be a bit narrow and I might change that later. Here's a view of the patio from the living room back door.

This is still a work in progress as I haven't yet started working on the third floor.

[Feb 29, 2016, 7:00:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I'd found some pictures of Tudor style homes that had only horizontal and vertical beams with no crossing ones, and decided to try and see if I could recreate that kind of styling here. This is what I've come up with, so far.

A lot of Tudor style homes also include rock facings, usually on the first floor, so I thought to add that in too. Here are a couple of examples of my inspiration.

It's nowhere near complete as I'd only gotten a couple of the front walls.

And now that I've added the rock wall on the first floor, the color of the roofing tiles just doesn't seem right. Either I need to change the first floor to red bricks, or I need to change the roofing to a red tile...

[Mar 3, 2016, 9:40:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I guess having a window in the shower area isn't too bad of a thing. http://www.finehomebuilding.com/how-to/qa/wat...ow-in-a-tiled-shower.aspx

[Mar 3, 2016, 6:29:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I did a little experimentation to see which would work better.

Red tile roof with large rock wall on the first floor:

Grey tile roof with red brick wall on the first floor:

Opinions?

[Mar 4, 2016, 1:52:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Personally, I like the Red tile roof with large rock wall on the first floor. smile
Hawk
[Mar 4, 2016, 1:09:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved