Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 65
Posts: 65   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 94160 times and has 64 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Tudor Castle version 2

You Have been busy, nice one smile . Think i would be spending most of my time by the BBQ

Mike
[Jan 27, 2018, 10:51:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.
----------------------------------------

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:13:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so glad that I'd been able to save this house on MediaFire, and this one was one of the luckier ones that I'd actually not done any modifications after doing so! smile

And, thanks to information from Puybaret on another of my design posts, I've been able to increase the memory used by this program and have been able to get rendered pictures of this house, which I haven't been able to do for quite some time.

[Jul 31, 2018, 10:30:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bestbuyfloor123

United States

Really awesome design!!! You all do such a fantastic job with architecture!
[Oct 12, 2018, 6:24:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Surprise! I couldn't leave well enough alone on a house that I'd "finished", and spent the last week or so making some changes, and with all of the changes the file is now 48.5 MG compress. Because of being able to get it so small a file, I was able to furnish it and still get best rendered pictures.

Aerial front and back. I took out most of the fencing and replaced it with stuccoed walls; in doing so I ended up putting fence posts around the gates. I took out most of the hedges and made the ones remaining longer to fill in the space. I took out the aspen trees in the back, and took away half of the hanging plants around the patio. I changed out all the non-opening windows with ones that do open but I kept them at about the same size as I'd had the non-opening ones. I changed all three of the exterior doors. And I have a car parked in the driveway. The rest of the outside is the same.

Garage. I took out the workbench and stools as well as one of the storage units (enlarging the one that was left), so that I could add another window in the back (for better symmetry with the floor above, outside).

Living room; first picture taken near the front door, and the second near the back door/stairway. I've made all the doors and doorways 7'6" high (on all floors), and widened the doorways around the dining room. I also changed the ceiling fan. Oh, and I also changed the wallpaint/wallpaper (in just about all the rooms, not just the front room).

Dining room. I changed the lighting.

Kitchen; first picture taken near the hallway to the guest rooms, and the second near the back door. I found the stone arch that I was wanting for around the stove, and realized that the drawers around it could no longer be used and they're now basically small decorative counters around the stove. In so doing, I had to also change the hood. I also was able to add a decorative backsplash behind the stove. Changed out the glass fronted cabinets (the one by the stove is now open shelves and the one on the other side of the sink is regular cabinets). Put a light over the sink area (it was coming out so dark). I also found a small kitchen island that works pretty well in here. Oh, and I believe I changed out the stone around the stove, the backsplash tile around the rest of the kitchen and the countertops.

Guest bedroom.

Guest bathroom. I changed the toilet (in all the bathrooms). I think I also changed the countertop texture on the vanity.

Now, up the stairs to the next floor. I didn't take any pictures of either stairway since there was no changes made.

The first bedroom at the top of the first stairs. I did move the door so that it now faces the stairway going down, so that I could add in the computer desk. I took the picture from the corner near the door.

The second bedroom, also taken from the corner near the door. It has all the same furnishings as the first bedroom.

The first bathroom. I changed the double vanity (it's the same one as I have in the second bathroom, below, just with different textures). Changed the tiles on the floor (it's the same tile that I have now in the Laundry room and the Master bathroom, below) and around the bathtub (also the same tile I have now in the Master bathroom).

I did change the floor tile in the laundry room, but with it being so small taking a picture of it would not show that, so I didn't.

Family room; the first picture taken near the doorway to the hallway, the second taken from near the door to the third bedroom. Matching ceiling fan from the living room.

The third bedroom, taken from the corner near the door to the family room. I added a window to the back wall (for symmetry with the garage windows below, as mentioned above). I have it decorated this time as if it is another Master suite.

The second bathroom, taken against the back wall looking towards the front of the house. I changed the double vanity and toilet (as mentioned above), and the textures used. Not visible in the picture is the window that I added to the back wall (for symmetry with the garage, also as mentioned above).

And finally up to the top floor.

The Sewing room/Loft area, taken from the corner near the door to the Master bedroom. I have (I think) all the same furniture in here as before, just with different textures. I changed out one of the hanging lights.

The Master bedroom, from two different angles. Added the ceiling fan, matching the ones from below.

The Master bathroom; the first picture taken from on top of the double vanity, and the second from the opposite wall. I swapped the cabinet with the toilet and took out the surround shower curtain for glass, hopefully to make the room seem more spacious. I also changed out the double vanity, and added lighting above each sink.

[Oct 30, 2018, 7:30:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's the link to the home, if you want to take a walkthrough:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ah4f5e2w22lyj6i...hink_2_Exterior.sh3d/file

[Oct 30, 2018, 11:13:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I had an idea for a slightly different look to the main floor of this house.

I saved it as a second file, and added an extra 6 inches in height to the entire main floor (adjusting the walls, beams, a couple of roofs, and such). "Why?" you might ask... because I wanted to put decorative beams inside! biggrin

Here's the link to the new file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p3cumxhmcg9mhr9...e_Rethink_2_Alt.sh3d/file

Everything else is the same, so I didn't need to take pictures of each room; I did take pictures of the outside (front and back) and of the main floor.

Taking out the door frames (and parts of the walls) seems to make the area appear larger, even with the dark beams on the ceiling. Or does it look larger because of the beams? Either way, I think I like it... Thoughts?

[Nov 15, 2018, 1:15:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I realize that I had just posted earlier today about changes to this design, but while on my computer I saw a few things that inspired me.

1) As I watched a show called "To Build or Not To Build" on Netflix, I learned from one of the episodes about how limestone stucco has a distinct and natural coloration, so I just had to use that on my house(s) where I'd had the beige roughcast before.

I think that gives the house a nice warmth... a more homey feeling... at least not as bland as the beige.

2) While browsing Instagram I saw that someone had posted a picture of themselves, in their sewing room, standing in front of a full-length mirror showing off something that they had sewn, so I realized that that was something that I was missing in my Sewing room. In so doing, I had to put a light over the mirror in order to spotlight the person showing off their creation.

I'd made both changes to both 3-story versions of this house, but the pictures are taken from the one with the main floor at 8'6" (ie. the one I posted about earlier today).

[Nov 15, 2018, 8:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's a "late night" thought I'd had last night while having trouble sleeping. I'm not sure why this house design was on my mind, but it was. Anyway, I was thinking that it would be better with the storage that's in "Bathroom 2" as linen storage for both that bathroom and "Bedroom 3", and actually not be in the bathroom. So, I did my best to work on it, including having to take out the double sink vanity and replacing it with a nice single one that I found on 3DWarehouse. Unfortunately the bathroom is now quite small, but a couple of good points are that the new vanity doesn't have any drawers (although there is space for some storage) and I found a glass enclosure with sliding doors for the bathtub which I think helps to not make the bathroom seem claustrophobic. I was also able to enlarge the size of both closets as well.

I could have put in a vanity that's not as wide but I'm pleased with this one.

This change has only been done on the original version, not the one with the 8'6" ceilings on the main floor alternate version; I have left that file alone so it still has the original design for this area.

[Dec 11, 2018, 12:21:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Since I commented on my “Tudor Castle”, I just can’t leave this thread alone; I cannot help but to try and get new pictures of both versions. When I started to do so with the first version I was having trouble with it because, I guess, the file might have been a bit too large. I went through and found some furnishings that were smaller in bit size but worked as well, and started rendering. Then around 2:30am PST (just as I was actually about to sign out and get some sleep) I had an epiphany, something that I had thought of doing before; I opened up the stairwells! By the time I got that all done it was 3:40am. Yikes! But now the file is nearly half the size it had been before I started working on it today.

All of the above mentioned changes were done on the first version, the one with the main level that is the standard 8 feet high and without the visible beams in the ceiling. At this point I don’t know what kind of changes if any that I would make to the other version at this time.

So I guess I can expect to have some pictures ready to post in a day or two, maybe three or more. I figured that I might as well post a status update on this for now.

Time for sleep.

[Sep 13, 2019, 12:07:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 65   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved