Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4533 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
maineiac

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
java issues on OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

Hi there

I've got java installed but on startup Sweet Home 3D is unable to locate it... /Applications/SweetHome/Sweet\ Home\ 3D.app/Contents/MacOS/SweetHome3D ; exit;
No Java runtime present, requesting install.
logout

this is the java version I've got installed:
java -version
java version "1.8.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_71-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.71-b15, mixed mode)

Where does Sweet Home 3D try to find java? I'm pretty sure I just have to either adapt some Sweet Home startup script or add an additional java path somewhere...

Any suggestions?
Best regards, Alex
[Mar 5, 2016, 11:13:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: java issues on OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

At this time, the installer version requires to install Java 6 to run under El Capitan.
Or if you absolutely want to use Java 8, you can run the Java Web Start version of Sweet Home 3D or its executable Jar version (to run these two versions, the first time, you should click on the downloaded file while maintaining the ctrl key pressed, and choose Open in the contextual menu that will appear).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 6, 2016, 12:44:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maineiac

Re: java issues on OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

Thanks Emmanuel!

In that case I'd rather stick to java 8 (as 6 has some vulnerabilities) and will try to run the web start or the .jar

Thanks!
Alex
[Mar 6, 2016, 6:20:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved