Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4167 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
DiabolikHinata

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Deforming Texture on Arch

Hi to all, i've a little problem with texture of an arch.

I'm putting a texture like bricks on this arch, similar to a natural stone but....

The texture deforms in the lower part of the arch, how should i do to avoid this?

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/mvnplugin/mvnforum/images/emotion/sad.gif javascript:smilie('sad')
[Mar 11, 2016, 3:30:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Deforming Texture on Arch

Learn a 3D design tool to map the texture the way you want it. Blender is very good for this task but unfortunately it's difficult to learn.
Another way could be to create a round wall with Sweet Home 3D, set its texture, export the wall at OBJ format, then reimport the exported file and at the second step of the furniture import wizard rotate it in such a way your round wall will become an arch.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 11, 2016, 5:09:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DiabolikHinata

Italia
Re: Deforming Texture on Arch

Thanks Emmanuel, I've fixed the problem with Sketchup, where, i don't know why, texture fits perfectly. Also the way you described in sh3d works, i've tried it. ;)
[Mar 11, 2016, 6:21:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved