Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3988 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
rdorsch

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
My roof hovers above the building

Hi,

I modeled a building and found that my roof hovers over the building.

I used the slope ceiling guide to draw the roof

http://www.sweethome3d.com/slopingCeilingGuide.pdf

I omitted Steps 4 to 7 on Page 7

4 - While selected, click Tools → Copy as new furniture.
5 - Right-click → Paste to insert the newly made roof section.
6 - Delete the walls, but keep the copy.

I did not find a Tools->Copy entry, are these instructions outdated?

When I import the roof, it hovers about 20cm above the building.

My sweethome3d file is here

http://netcup.bokomoko.de/~rd/hover.sh3d

Any hints are very welcome.

Thanks
Rainer
[Mar 13, 2016, 4:39:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: My roof hovers above the building

Nice plan smile The level (DG) on which the roof is placed is too high (for the roof). Several ways of changing this. If you do not want to adjust the walls (and level heights) you can add a separate level for the roof (20 cm lower than the top floor) - and hide that level when you design the interior (ctrl-shift-h).

This is - btw - one case where a negative elevation really would be useful. Also, noticed the auto-ceilings in your loft are not correctly aligned, not always easy to fix with sloping walls. Once you have fixed the roof, you may want to forget the ceilings. Many threads regarding this issue - see for instance thread 6563.

ok
[Mar 14, 2016, 10:35:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
josephmakia

Cameroon

Can Some One Help Me Locate the Feature to Add a Roof to my Drawing ? I don't seem to see Any Feature As Roof . Please Help
[Aug 12, 2016, 10:05:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi rdorsch
you need to move the roof down 1 level (cut and paste) then raise it to the required height
Mike
[Aug 13, 2016, 8:03:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi josephmakiaI
I do not think there are any roof sections in the library , they are generally made for each individual house.
In the forum there are several explanations on how to do this, including some roof sections you can get,okh, hansmek and arun explain much about this here
[Aug 13, 2016, 8:14:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
phpnukes

Roofs are classed as furniture. Just type roof and three should appear
[Oct 24, 2023, 11:31:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved