Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5232 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
ElfenM

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SweetHome3D On Raspberry Pi - Part 2?

I can't seem to find my original post of putting SH3D onto A RaspBerry PI and other Pi System Computers. The problem was thought be to be back then as not a strong enough GPU/CPU and not enough RAM.

I can understand that - the models at the time only had a max of 512MB of RAM on a Single Core CPU/GPU. But now with the R-Pi 2 and R-Pi 3, there is 1GB of RAM with a Quad Core CPU and a "stronger GPU."

But it still did not run. It took a long time but I figured out the problem. The Weezie/Jessie Debian Linux OS fr the Raspberry Pi's do not have an OpenGL Graphics Library. Until OpenGL comes to the Raspbian Linux, SH3D will not run on the Raspberry Pi systems.

The Raspberry Pi Foundation recently released some Experimental OpenGL drivers for the Raspberry Pi GPUs. Lets hope this works well enough to have SH3D run on the Raspberry Pi!

In this release we are shipping an experimental OpenGL driver for the desktop which uses the GPU to provide hardware acceleration. This is turned off by default – if you want to enable it, you can find it in the command-line version of raspi-config, under Advanced Options->GL Driver. Due to memory requirements, this will not work on Pi 1 or Pi Zero boards – it is solely for Pi 2. (raspi-config will only allow it to be enabled on a Pi 2; be warned that if you enable it on a Pi 2 and then move that SD card into a Pi 1 or Pi Zero, the Pi will not boot.)

You just either need to download the latest release of Jessie Raspbian or update the Jessie Raspbian you may already have...
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/another-new-raspbian-release/

Lets hope it works.

Good luck to us all!
[Mar 18, 2016, 2:59:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: SweetHome3D On Raspberry Pi - Part 2?

Thanks for the update. Please keep posting anything you find out. Considering buying a RPi3. ok
[Mar 18, 2016, 4:25:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved