Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 20
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24795 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
elvishome

United Arab Emirates
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: VERY slow video rendering

I suggest you to create clips( a very small rendered part of the 3D view), later mix all the clips in any video editing application.
[Feb 21, 2019, 6:30:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marcop300

United States

wow.. that is a long item to render. i would bet if you had a i7 PC, more RAM, and a larger GPU card and a SSD HD's it would go a lot faster. if you want I can test it on my PC. and even do a Webex with you to show you how fast it will take. let me know. can I ask what you are drawing that take that much CPU? i bet it is a awesome pic
[Feb 22, 2019, 1:04:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Wiebenor

United States

So... Does anyone have any idea what this app was designed to render with??? What I mean is that some apps use GPU to render, while others use CPU, and still others use both equally good or bad, as the case might be, so which category is this app??? Was thinking about building a computer just for renders with this, but after seeing people with extra fast setups having the same problem as me, maybe I shouldn't... A 30 second video takes me at least 3 days to render, and that's with the whole 8ft X 17ft room filled with stuff on one wall, and LED lights on the top of the walls... Anyone, perhaps the author, know the answers???
[Aug 17, 2019, 3:50:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

@Wiebenor try HERE for more info.
[Aug 18, 2019, 11:51:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kaneelschep

Holland

HI all. Its now mid 2022 and GPU Hardware rendering has become the main thing. It would make rendering the video's a LOT faster. Is this something to be expected in sweet home 3d? Thanks!
[Jul 13, 2022, 8:45:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Try YafaRay renderer in the new version 7.0, but don't expect Sweet Home 3D to be able to use GPU for rendering soon.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 13, 2022, 6:07:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

I've been using the YafaRay engine for sometime and now all of a sudden what used to take 4 minutes to render a fairly simple floor layout, is taking nearly 18 minutes. I have now idea why!

Any ideas, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
[Jul 26, 2022, 3:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you try to simply relaunch Sweet Home 3D?
Maybe a part of the memory used by YafaRay is not freed after each rendering and the program starts to miss RAM.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 26, 2022, 4:04:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

I shut it down in task manager and all seems to be OK now.

Thanks smile
[Jul 27, 2022, 9:18:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Hi everybody,
Maybe you will be interested by this new tutorial on Sweet Home 3D Youtube channel about making and editing a video, with some tricks to do it "rather" quickly.
[May 25, 2023, 12:53:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved