Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4602 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
wiguy

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused ned a two tread the landing then turn and uo to second floor

I am looking for a model of a three foot wide stairs that starts out with two treads then a 3 by 3 foot landing with a turn right (or Left could mirror it) and then continues up about another 10 or so steps to a second floor with the ground floor having a standard floor and ceiling height of 8 feet. I have looked all over with no luck, I have found the reverse with about 10 steps up a landing and turn to another two or three steps. I do not want a winding stairs but a midway landing and a 90 degree turn to continue up to the second floor. I do not know how to convert from any other format to get it useable in sweet home 3d at present. Or do I know how to use another 3d drawing application to make what I need.
Thank you
[Mar 30, 2016, 6:33:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: ned a two tread the landing then turn and uo to second floor

As soon as it becomes specific, I guess you'll have some problems to find the right 3D model. With a little patience you could assemble boxes (found in Miscellaneous category) for each tread. If you need some special shapes for the remaining parts of the staircase, maybe you could also use the Shape generator plug-in or learn other software like Art of Illusion or Blender.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 31, 2016, 9:47:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Or you could search the Sketchup Warehouse for something like this ....?
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 31, 2016, 10:57:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Because of the way the boxes texture, I use walls to create stairs. Walls generally texture better.
It does take a bit more work but the end results worked great for me.
Hawk
[Mar 31, 2016, 4:59:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wiguy

I have made stairs with the wall method but then you have to make negative space below them ti make that space usable for storage as in a closet. I would think someone would have made a model of what i find in opposite as a multi step like 10 and then 90 degree turn and three more up
[Mar 31, 2016, 6:21:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wiguy

How do i convert the .SKP file format to what I need to use in sweet home 3d?
[Mar 31, 2016, 6:25:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

I have made stairs with the wall method but then you have to make negative space below them ti make that space usable for storage as in a closet.

This is something like I was talking about.

Then of course you have to rotate it during import. That would give you the space below for storage, if I understand you right.
Hawk
[Apr 1, 2016, 1:04:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Download the Collada file, then import it directly in SH3D.

You can also download and install Sketchup, alter the model , then export it as a DAE file, which can be imported in SH3D.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 1, 2016, 3:57:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved