Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11617 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Allenov

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
No 3D view on Linux Mint

Hello,

I installed the last sweet home version (Java Web Start and local version with java embedded) on my Intel NUC i5 and Intel HD Graphics 6000.
I have only a black view, sometimes with blank dots or blank lines.
I use IcedTea java.
My graphic card has no problem on Linux Mint.
Any help ?
Thanks
[Apr 1, 2016, 1:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: No 3D view on Linux Mint

Try this:
- uninstall IcedTea Java
- install Oracle Java version 6 or 7

Reason: the installed version of SH3D comes with and uses its own version of Oracle Java. I suspect there's a kind of conflict between that version and non-Oracle installed versions.

If that doesn't help, check if there are alternative drivers for your graphics card.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Apr 1, 2016, 3:08:01 PM]
[Apr 1, 2016, 3:06:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Allenov

I installed Oracle Java version 8.
Same problem : no 3D view.
Is there an option to disable graphics optimizations in SG3D ?
[Apr 2, 2016, 10:50:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Allenov

I opened my session in mode "software rendering" (so without any hardware acceleration) : same problem.
[Apr 3, 2016, 5:52:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sabot

Same issue for me with linux mint 17.3 on a laptop (with driver xserver-xorg-video-ati).

I had troubles attempting using other graphic drivers (crashing cinnamon) and I'll stay with theprevious, recommended one.

No problem however with 3D rendering in another linux mint 17.3 installation running in a virtual environment with Parallels virtualization software on a macsox iMac.
[Apr 30, 2016, 10:54:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
b_e_n_31

Same issue for me as well.
My conf: NUC i5-5250U with linux mint 17.2. (using intel HD graphics)
hw rendering looks to be ok:
~ $ glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"
direct rendering: Yes
[May 8, 2016, 11:29:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Allenov

HW rendering IS ok in OS. So I don't want to install another graphic driver. It seems to be a Sweet Home 3D issue.
[May 9, 2016, 6:43:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
b_e_n_31

I've looked into the bug database, and our issue might be related to "#585 problemes with 3D".
I've tried with Java Web Start, which is dependent on java version installed on the system, and also with Sweet Home 3D installer which brings private version of java to avoid compatibility issues (if I properly understood). Both lead to the same result (3d view windows is black). Let me know if I can bring more data for debug
[May 9, 2016, 2:31:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
b_e_n_31

additional test: same result launching java web start using /usr/bin/javaws (mint default version), and javaws from the bin directory of the sweet home directory.
@hansmex or other SH3D expert, help is welcome :-).
@Sabot, could you please detail your HW config ? (this might put definitively the graphic driver out of suspicion). Additionally, I am curious to know if anyone using mint distro 17.2 was able to run the 3D view ...
[May 9, 2016, 10:17:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
b_e_n_31

Hi, got it to work on my old mac in few clics, on also working on Ubuntu. For the moment I give up with mint.
[May 17, 2016, 9:29:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved