Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 42649 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
2-family house

A few years ago, while browsing a house plans website, I came across one particular house plan that inspired me to come up with what I call a 2-family house. It can be almost considered two separate houses attached to one another by sharing the garage, mud room and utility room.

Here's the inspiration. Mediterranean Style House Plan - 5 Beds 4Baths 3766 Sq/Ft Plan #1-1026

Here's the initial drawing I made of it on my computer.

Here's the one I just made yesterday on the Sweet Home 3D software.

I took this screenshot just a few minutes before working on this thread and realized that I'd actually made the floor plan on this software smaller than what I had marked on the original drawing I'd made a few years ago. I was wondering why when I created it yesterday that it seemed to have rather small rooms...

Here's the aerial view of the front of the house.

As can be seen, I haven't figured out the roofing of the new version just yet, nor have I painted the outside. Thing is, I'm probably going to remake this whole thing from scratch, but I just wanted to share it before I scrapped (possibly) it for a better version.
----------------------------------------

[Apr 12, 2016, 10:48:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: 2-family house

I spent most of the day recreating the house in the larger area. Actually I ended up making it a bit wider than I'd originally thought it would fit into.

Here's a view of the front.

The changes here are quite subtle.

Here's a screenshot of the floor plan.

Here the changes are quite noticeable... and I think I might make an adjustment to a wall in "Great Room 2"...

[Apr 13, 2016, 7:13:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Adjustment made.

[Apr 13, 2016, 7:28:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Well done and interesting architecture. I wonder how the covered porch looks like.
[Apr 13, 2016, 11:29:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Taking up much of my time today, I got the roofing put in. Not very pretty (I didn't completely square them up to each other, just placed them in), but it's there.

Front:

Back:

I still haven't painted the outside.

[Apr 14, 2016, 2:49:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Made a small change to Great Room 1 and Master Bedroom 1. I thought that there was a bit too much room in the Master Bedroom and not much that was "great" about the Great Room. Here's a screenshot of the changed floor plan.

I added postal boxes, one for each side of the house, which are visible as little black triangles on the right-hand posts in front of each Entryway.

I took that screenshot before working on most of the lighting and renderings of each room.

I also started working on the texture on the outside walls, but only got so far as the posts on the right side and one wall near there. I think once I've gotten the outside "painted" I'll take a virtual visit rendering of each side of the front.

Just a few disclaimers on the pictures to follow: The accordion doors on the closets are not quite what I wanted but I wasn't able to find anything similar that shows what's behind them like these do. I'd prefer ones like them but as solid doors without the glass. Also, I haven't added much in the way of decoration but for a couple of flower vases. Finally, I did not take pictures of the Mud Room or the Utility Room, only because they are so small I couldn't get the pictures to show much, and I didn't take a picture of the Garage because I forgot.

Great Room 1, taken from the Front Door:

The table behind the couch has drawers. I wasn't able to change the wood on it without removing the drawers as they are part of the "texture" the creator of it used. Also, the pantry as well as the door to the Covered Porch in the Kitchen are visible here.

Master Bedroom 1, taken from the door to Master Bathroom 1:

The walls visible on the left side of the picture are to the walk-in closet. I didn't add lighting to it as I didn't take a picture of it, but of course it's going to need it.

Master Bathroom 1, taken from the door to Master Bedroom 1:

The door sort of visible on the left side of the picture (well, the handle is visible near the bottom left) is to the "Water Closet"... where the toilet is. Like the walk-in closet I didn't take a picture of this, but unlike the walk-in closet I have added a light albeit without a light fixture. What's shown in the mirror are (from left to right) the door to Master Bedroom 1, door to the linen closet, door to the shower stall.

Bedroom 1, taken from the door:

There's a large dresser just out of camera bottom right.

Bathroom 1, taken from the door:

The sink is somewhat visible as a reflection on the shower curtain.

Bedroom 2:

Dining Room, taken from the opening to Great Room 1:

Kitchen 1, taken from the opening to Great Room 1:

There's the left-hand part of the house; here's the right-hand part.

Great Room 2, taken from the Front Door:

I didn't put a separate Dining room in this part of the house, so there's a small part of the Great Room that is for dining. Also visible in the back of this picture is part of the kitchen.

Kitchen 2, taken from the door to Covered Porch:

I figured since one side of the kitchen was visible in the picture of the Great Room that I should take another picture showing the other side.

Master Bedroom 2:

This room is a bit more narrow that I would've liked and so the picture isn't as good as it could be. I tried to get as much of the room into the picture as I could. Also, as with Master Bedroom 1, there's a walk-in closet (visible in the middle of the picture) but not quite as big. And just like that walk-in closet I didn't add a light or take a picture from inside.

Master Bathroom 2, taken from the wall to the left of the door to Master Bedroom 2:

The door visible on the right side of the picture is to the "Water Closet" in this room. As I didn't take a picture of this, I forgot to add a light here. Also, that dark green semi-transparent blob on the left side of the picture is the shower curtain, similar to the one in Bathroom 1.

Bedroom 3:

That darkness on the left side of the picture is the wall to the closet. I just realized that I did not add a table lamp in here like I have to the other bedrooms...

Bathroom 2:

This is basically a mirror image of Bathroom 1.

Bedroom 4:

This room is a mirror image of Bedroom 3, with the exception of the second window visible on the right side of the picture. I have no idea why it was rendered part of the middle of the picture as well as the dresser so weirdly.

[Apr 17, 2016, 5:24:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

One more change. The way Master Bedroom 2 was laid out was bothering me, so I moved the walk-in closet from the outside wall of the room to the other side.

I moved the windows as well and now it looks less disjointed.

I had to move the door to Master Bathroom 2, changing the direction it opened, and move the towel rack.

[Apr 17, 2016, 6:44:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Nice work on that place. smile
Hawk
[Apr 18, 2016, 12:39:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you so much. I spent many hours when I originally created the 2-dimensional drawing.

[Apr 18, 2016, 9:40:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I figured that I'd share all of the house plans that I made. They're all on MediaFire. Here are the links:

20111017-5B.4b redo. This is the file to the house in this post.
20130728 Atrium. This is for a house loosely based on old Roman (I think) houses that have a small private garden area in the middle of the house. Still very much a work in progress.
3B2b2S alt. When I first created this I thought it pretty interesting with the layout, but once I put it in SweenHome3D it came out looking strange. Still a bit of a work in progress.
4B2b2S. It seems essentially that I created a big box with a couple of balconies. Still a work in progress.
Apartment 2S4U.1B1b.2B1b.3B1b.3B2b. An apartment building loosely based on the one I grew up in (I based the largest one off of the one I lived in but with quite a few changes, and I never was in any of the other units to know if I got them close; I also removed a few different features from the original - garage in back and a communal laundry room).
JacknJill 3B2b1S.
Library Loft 5B2b2S.
Split Level 1B1b1S.
Tudor Castle Redraft. This is what I'd come up with before the version I'd originally posted. The reason this one is called a "Redraft" is because the original file I had been working on had somehow gotten corrupted and I had to redraft it using pictures I'd taken of it.
Tudor Castle Redraft Alt 1. This is an alternative because I had made quite a few significant changes.
Tudor Castle Redraft Alt 2. This is to the first house I posted (A house I've been working on).
Tudor Castle Redraft Alt 3. I had also included this in the first posting, but this is my final one that I'm happy with.
Tudor Castle Rethink 2. This is to the second house I posted (Tudor Castle version 2).

Here's a key to the reasons they're named as they are. Some of them I gave general names to ("JacknJil", "Library Loft", "Tudor Castle", etc.) but most have a numerical designation (usually the number of bedrooms (B) and the number of bathrooms (b), sometimes the number of stories (S) and with the Apartment building the number of units (U)). A couple of them have the date on which I had originally drawn them (yyyymmdd). I think I probably should have come up with something a little more consistent across the board on them...

Also, you'll probably notice that quite a few of them do not have roofing added. The reason for this is pretty simple; I created them before roofing was added and I haven't worked on them recently. biggrin

If anybody wishes to, they can download them and personalize them.

[Apr 20, 2016, 11:46:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved