Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 42643 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 2-family house

I have been spurred on to revisit this house and make some updates, since it has been almost 2 years since I had last done so.

Here is a link to the current file: 20111017-5B.4b redo

Here is a screenshot of the floor plan:

At present it is too big a file, even compressed, for me to take any rendered pictures.
----------------------------------------

[Feb 27, 2018, 7:06:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:14:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

The last time I was able to post about this house (before mentioning about my computer troubles), I had just updated it but wasn't able to post pictures. I did however post a link to the actual file, so I was able to get back to it whenever I wished... well, "I wished"... laughing

Here's the new updated file:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jdqf2zctwd9c654/20111017-5B.4b_redo.sh3d/file

As you can see, I've been able to get it down to about 56 MB compressed. I've made a few changes to the inside but none to the outside (well, except for the front doors, and copied the Welcome mat to place it in front of the right house). I also changed the height of all the doors (including the closet doors and the garage doors) so that they're 7'6".

Floor plan.

Aerial front.

Aerial back.

Starting from the left house:

Great Room 1; the first picture taken from in front of the front doors, the second from in front of the entertainment center looking back at the front doors. I changed out the two tables in here for two glass ones. What's not noticeable in these two pictures is that I enlarged the carpet and turned it; that's visible on the floor plan picture above.

Dining Room, taken from the archway to the Great Room. I changed the wood to the built-in china cabinet from cherry to bleached, enlarged the frame and painted the frame gold (what I was trying to go for was an ornate frame, but the "Vertical frame" listed in the library wouldn't reflect when I changed out the picture as well as at a slant so I couldn't put in the "Mirror" also listed in the library), changed the wood used for the table as well as the set-in design in the middle of it and the fabric on the seat cushions, and changed some of the textures in the chandelier.

Kitchen 1; the first picture taken from the corner between the two archways, the second from on the countertop in the opposite corner. I added some extra light sources, and changed the dimensions of the refrigerator based on a real life 15-cubic-foot top freezer model. (I now realize that I probably should have changed the texture used as it looks white instead of stainless steel.)

The first Bedroom (labeled as Bedroom 2 on the floor plan); the first picture is taken from the corner near the door, the second from on top of the dresser. I changed the bed/nightstand to something smaller in bytes, but kept the same texture for the comforter.

Bathroom 1, taken from near the door. I changed out the double vanity (it's the same one for both Master Bathrooms) and toilet (it's the same one for all the other bathrooms) for ones that don't take up as much memory. I also changed out the bath tub and shower curtain for a glass enclosed one; although it does take up more memory, I think it's nicer looking. Oh, and I changed the floor tile to match the tub surround as well as enlarged the tile size.

The second Bedroom, taken from the corner near the door. I just realized that one of the beds didn't render so well, but I'm getting tired (it's nearly 2:00 a.m. Pacific) and don't feel up to trying to fix that now. I took out the set of sliding closet doors, added a dividing wall inside the closet (having to shorten the closet pole and shelf to fit), and put in two regular doors. Other than that, I believe that's all the changes I made here.

Master Bedroom 1; the first picture taken from the corner near the bathroom door, the second taken from the opposite corner near the bed. I changed out the bed/nightstands to help make the file smaller. Other than that, I believe the rest is unchanged.

Master Bathroom 1, taken from near the door to the master bedroom. I changed the double vanity (it's the same one in Bathroom 1); it's supposed to be the same wood as the corner tub surround but it looks different. I changed the marble on the corner tub surround to match the vanity counter top. I added a light source in front of the shower stall (somewhat visible in the mirror). I believe I moved the chandelier so that it isn't directly over the tub. I think that's all the changes I'd made in here.

I didn't take a picture of the W.C. as it's too small to do so. I did change out the toilet for one that's "smaller".

Mudroom, taken from in front of the door to Kitchen 1. The only change I believe that I made here was the wall color.

Laundry/Utility room, taken from in front of the door to Mudroom. As with the Mudroom, the only change I believe that I made here was the wall color.

Now on to the right house:

Great Room 2; the first picture taken from in front of the front doors, the second from next to some of the kitchen cabinets looking back at the front doors. I changed the entertainment center, enlarged the rug, changed out the Moroccan table near the front door for something smaller, changed the dining table, and changed the texture on both coffee table (metal instead of wood) and the couch (a different green velvet).

Kitchen 2, taken from near the door to the patio. I added some extra light sources, was able to add an extra upper cabinet near the refrigerator since I narrowed the two above it, and I think that's it.

The first bedroom (labeled Bedroom 4), taken from near the door. I darkened the wall paint since what I had was rendering a little too bright a green even for my taste. That's all the changes I made here.

Bathroom 2; the first picture taken from the corner near the door, the second from in the tub. I changed the vanity (I took the second picture to show it off) and the toilet. I also switched the toilet to the same wall as the vanity instead of on the outside wall.

The second bedroom (labeled Bedroom 3), taken from near the door. It's a mirror of Bedroom 4 but with different textures. No changes were made to this room since February.

Master Bedroom 2, taken from the wall next to the bathroom door. I added an extra light source, and made a change inside the closet (although I didn't get a picture inside there).

Master Bathroom 2, taken near the door. I changed the double vanity and toilet, and replaced the bath tub and shower curtain for the glass enclosed one.

Garage, taken from near the door to the mudroom. The only change I made here was to darken the paint on the cars.

[Nov 10, 2018, 9:33:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Another home that the pictures were lost due to that webpage closed down. So, another home that I've gone back to and updated for new pictures.

And in so doing I realized that by the very name that I'd given it (20111017-5B.4b) that I'd made a mistake... it doesn't have 5 bedrooms it has 6, so I also renamed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rm1beahm16tho6s/20111017-6B.4b_redo.sh3d/file

Front Aerial

Back Aerial

First, the left side.

Great Room 1, two different angles

Dining Room 1

Kitchen 1, two different angles

Bedroom 1, two different angles

Bathroom 1, two different angles

Bedroom 2

Master Bedroom 1, two different angles

Master Bathroom 1

Mudroom

Laundry/Utility Room

Now, the right side.

Great Room 2, two different angles

Kitchen 2

Bedroom 3

Bathroom 2, two different angles

Bedroom 4

Master Bedroom 2, two different angles

Master Bathroom 2

Garage

Screenshot of the floor plan.

[Sep 25, 2019, 1:03:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maureenowaters

USA

So beautiful guys, I love it. Your work really encourages me.
[Sep 30, 2019, 3:16:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maureenowaters

USA

One thing that I want to tell here is this forum is the best for me because there are so many houses with beautifully designed and I take some about my home.
[Nov 20, 2019, 1:57:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I’m so amazed; I think that I actually found the original inspiration house plan for this design!
It’s really quite interesting how much of it that I changed and how much that I kept the same.
https://www.houseplans.com/plan/3766-square-f...rary-plans-2-garage-16341

[Mar 10, 2021, 9:43:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Okay, never mind about my last comment on this thread; I don’t know why but I thought that I hadn’t been able to find the inspiration design before, but I just looked back at the beginning...

[Mar 10, 2021, 9:45:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdom

France

it's very well done, it looks like a house that I want
a life spent changing homes because life changes
at the beginning small house because couple and little money
then bigger for a child
then bigger for 2 children with more money
then with a studio because a child is grown up
then the children leave the house is too big there is too much maintenance
we still need a large but only four married children spend with small children
afterwards there will be handicaps due to age
a house with the possibility of renting by the week the part not necessary according to the family
have a large house from the start thanks to the rental
just vary the space occupied
mac mini 2020 plan technique plus que déco
[Sep 18, 2021, 5:47:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved