Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 56
Posts: 56   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 53492 times and has 55 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Some examples using the indirect light

Exactly, and what amazing pictures ! applause

With big time of calculations, quality is at rendez-vous. smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 18, 2016, 12:40:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@MartinSK

I try to compare IPR algorythm to BUCKET algorythm ...
I do not know if you've noticed but from my tests, for IPR algorithm there is no anti-aliasing applied. As for multipass algorithm there seems to be a pre-defined anti-aliasing.

I know that my experiment is not about indirect light ...
If you still have the same problem , you could send me your file so that I take a look.
EnkoNyito
[Sep 19, 2016, 5:03:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Hi @enkonyito.
My problem with path is resolved.
I was not sure about antialiasing in IPR...But I saw that I can't see any changes when I experimented with AA in IPR.
Please can you explain me the real difference between multipass and bucket except pre-defined antialiasing? I read something but I am not sure if I understand it. And what is the pre-defined AA in multipass?
And the last question...If you can tell- what's your favourite filter?
If you don't want to write here you can send me PM. Thanx
Martin
[Sep 19, 2016, 8:19:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Hi Martin.

My problem with path is resolved.
Glad to hear it. smile You could perhaps show us what happens in this project or another. wink

Please can you explain me the real difference between multipass and bucket except pre-defined antialiasing? ... And what is the pre-defined AA in multipass?
Hmm, good question. I have not found this info even in the source code of Sunflow .

And the last question...If you can tell- what's your favourite filter?
My favorite filter is Mitchell. I found that some filters use a blur more or less pronounced compared to others.
Here is a ranking based on the visual differences:
1_ blackman-harris, bspline
2_ gaussian
3_ mitchell
4_ triangle
5_ catmull-rom
6_ sinc
7_ lanczos
8_ box (anti-aliasing ignored)
EnkoNyito
[Sep 19, 2016, 10:12:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

@enkonyito

The ChangeLog for SunFlow 0.7.3 mentions the multipass renderer *isn't* an actual multipass renderer, yet -- which may explain some of the confusion. wink

maz
[Sep 20, 2016, 12:17:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Hi @enkonyito
Here I have some experimental pictures using indirect light for an external view. Just for try different settings. Here is the first one I made this summer without using indirect light.
settings ...GI=default,DB=1

Now I came back and try to made the similar scene with indirect light setting....
sA=bucket
filter=bspline
AAmin=1
AAmax=1
GI=PATH
DB=2
sS=silk
size 4000x2667px...then resized to 1000x667px
/you can see that roof is not super antialiased biggrin / but the picture "look" is really different...I can only say that for my personal feeling it is too much color there but sure you can change it in postprodiction

and here I have the third one...
sA=IPR
GI=PATH
DB=1
sS=silk
but I use setting "enhanced external brightness" and then enhanced the highlights in postproduction /only for try/ and the result is here
size 7000x4667px...then resized to 1000x667px

I didn't want to post the third image here cause I changed it for a little in postproduction but for me it looks most natural smile ...not sure if it is interesting for you or for other users but for me it is nice exhibition how different can the same scene be with using different 1.3.1 settings
[Sep 22, 2016, 4:36:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Surely, I prefer the third ! applause
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 22, 2016, 6:01:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

I also find that the rendering of the 3rd image is best. Nice work Martin!

...not sure if it is interesting for you or for other users but for me it is nice exhibition how different can the same scene be...
As you can see here , some users are interested in this kind of test. It would be possible to create a thread dedicated to it.

Here is another example of interior.
SweetHome3DExample7 (aAmax:0, gI:path, dB:2, 1200x900 pixels rezised to 600x450)
rendering time: 1h 25min 20.9s
rendering time: 3h 51min 24.8s
To reduce the picture noise, increase the number of anti-aliasing and/or pixels.
EnkoNyito
[Sep 23, 2016, 12:01:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Martin agreed with 3rd image being best, the softening of the shadows makes a huge difference.

Mike
[Sep 24, 2016, 10:31:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi enkonyito
Great to see the added info you are giving everyone, i'd try it myself if i had any idea what it all meant, sad. If the images being shown by yourself,martin,okh and cec get much better we'll all want to live in our rendered homes. wink

Mike
[Sep 24, 2016, 10:38:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 56   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved