Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 56
Posts: 56   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 53517 times and has 55 replies Next Thread
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Some examples using the indirect light

I said again sorry.
May be it's because English is not my native language and some words or grammar constructions sounds a little different for you and for me.
[Oct 17, 2016, 10:00:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Aeowyn, I hope you won't leave this place.
I guess it was simply some kind of misunderstanding. Don't forget that most of us aren't English natives and/or don't live in an English speaking country. This inevitably creates some misunderstandings from time to time, but differences in cultures help also to get more diversity in contributions and ideas. smile

[Update: sorry to say more or less the same thing as MartinSK but we posted our messages at the same time!]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Oct 17, 2016, 10:32:11 AM]
[Oct 17, 2016, 10:05:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hey Martin, you certainly do not strike me as offensive in your posts either. At least nothing I have noticed. Quite the contrary - you give many supportive posts. Actually, both of you do.

If there have been offensive posts in this forum, I would have been very surprised if they came from either of you smile
[Oct 17, 2016, 10:15:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@bdfd
What is the interest of published images of poor quality ? crying
It seems for me 'povray' in early nineties years...

I hope the next pictures will be better (and to compare them) ?
The purpose of this thread is to show the use of the path tracing in SH3D.
As my computer has only 2 cores, my setup is a compromise between time and quality.
To compare, you can download the examples in the gallery and do tests with your own settings.
EnkoNyito
[Oct 17, 2016, 8:22:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

No worries about my leaving this place; I'm here to stay, for quite some time anyway. I was just momentarily surprised by the response to my question. As for my stepping back on something, I mean to not be a part of the issues going on between the two. biggrin

I do like the pictures that have been posted to this thread and have learned quite a few things from it too.

[Oct 19, 2016, 6:41:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi enkonyito
I found the earlier examples, where each image had slightly different settings very helpful, ty.
I will probably stay with default, but it is good to be shown what affects changing settings would have, again ty smile
[Oct 19, 2016, 7:47:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

The purpose of this thread is to show the use of the path tracing in SH3D.
As my computer has only 2 cores, my setup is a compromise between time and quality.
To compare, you can download the examples in the gallery and do tests with your own settings.

I come back on this post.
I have followed councils of enkonyito and here are results:

1800 x 1350 (4/3) in Q4 with R1.3.1 (AA:2/4, gI:def, dB/cP: 2/0, sS:def, nlfD/nlr: 250/1, f/sA:mitchel/bucket) in 00h 26mn .

To you to compare...
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bdfd at Nov 1, 2016, 6:52:19 AM]
[Oct 31, 2016, 6:46:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Additional information on using the path tracing (globalIllumination set to path) are available here and there.

It is also possible to use indirect light by night (moon icon) with parameters adapted as MartinSK in his cafe ornament project.
EnkoNyito
[Nov 5, 2016, 3:21:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Good synthesis tutorial about photo rendering!

Natural atmosphere with Global Illumination path.
original size

I wish you a happy holiday season. clown
EnkoNyito
[Dec 25, 2016, 4:13:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Thank you, Enkonyito. Seasons greetings, too.
[Dec 26, 2016, 9:52:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 56   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved