Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5197 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
pr1970

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Wall construction issues

Hi All

I`ve been using sweet home for a few years now, i use it for creating 3d realtime & rendered scene from 2d plans primarily.
One thing that has always slightly bugged me is when you`ve exported as an .obj , the windows are cut weirdly into walls resulting in hidden polygons from the floor to the ceiling that can show and cause issues later on especially when doing realtime 3d work. I usually have to go around removing all the hidden polys which is time consuming.
Any chance that an alternative method could be used to create walls.

Finally, one other thing is the scaling of doors/windows. The object is just scaled so you get wider frame posts or stretched doors. Anything that could be done here?

Thanks for all your hard work, its appreciated

Paul
[May 6, 2016, 8:12:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Wall construction issues

Removing these invisible parts would require some changes in the Wall3D class which is already quite complicate. Not really motivating for something that is not visible at the end... sad

I guess your second question is about the depth (not the width) of some doors and windows which don't behave as expected for thick walls. I would like to try to fix this issue too but it's not easy to find a nice solution that covers all cases. Please see this ticket for workarounds.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 6, 2016, 5:25:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved