Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 218441 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.3

Thanks Mike for your file and the description of your problems. I was able to fix the issues in the version 5.3 Beta 8.

This new Beta version allows to change again the angle of a texture and fixes an error during file opening that ignored the color of items which belong to a group. Unfortunately, this second bug provoked a loss of the color information of these items when the opened file was saved with the Beta 7. I hope you tried that Beta version on copies of your sh3d files as recommended, otherwise you'll have to change the color of the grouped items again.

Under Linux, the Beta 8 version should also fix a bug that grayed the 3D view when Sweet Home3D window was activated/deactivated. I didn't find yet why navigating in the 3D view runs slower than with version 5.2 under that system. More feedback and ideas on this point would be very appreciated.

Finally, this version 5.3 might contain only the .sh3d file format change and bug fixes. Some Windows and Linux users waited for corrections on critical bugs for quite a long time now, and I feel it would be better not to wait more weeks. Hope you'll agree.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 16, 2016, 11:09:36 PM]
[Oct 30, 2016, 4:55:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Great work there Emmanuel, beta 8 works a treat. biggrin
[Oct 30, 2016, 8:48:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Manu,

It works with the "fire of God" at home (french expression) and my signature is updated. applause
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Oct 31, 2016, 6:26:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dann

Hi,

I'm a returning user and I thought I'd try the latest, so I downloaded the 5.3 beta8 jar to run on osx 10.10.5, java 1.8.0_45.

Everything seemed to be fine, I started editing a new plan, saved it and quit, but when I went to open it again nothing seemed to happen. I ended up running the jar from the command line with
> java -Xmx640m -jar SweetHome3D-5.3.beta8.jar
So that I could see if there was any console output to indicate a problem. And sure enough when I tried opening my file I got the following stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1838)
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseFloat(FloatingDecimal.java:122)
at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:451)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.HomeXMLHandler.endElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:609)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumen
tParser.java:183)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentF
ragmentScannerImpl.java:1343)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2786)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragm
entScannerImpl.java:510)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:649)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:333)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:195)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.DefaultHomeInputStream.readHome(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.HomeFileRecorder.readHome(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.HomeController$32.call(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.HomeController$32.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.ThreadedTaskController$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Reading this forum thread makes me suspect this may be due to the new file format, so I thought you'd appreciate the report. I can send you my file if that helps.

Dan
[Nov 3, 2016, 8:43:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback.
Dann, please send me your file. This should be helpful.
[Nov 3, 2016, 11:50:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks dann for your helpful file. You'll be able to open your file again with the version 5.3 Beta 11 and further.

This new Beta version fixes also two other bugs:
- Texture image files exported with OBJ file are copies of original image files instead of files generated from images in memory when available (see bug #686)
- The area of rooms are correctly computed when points draw a hole in its middle (see bug #681)
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 16, 2016, 11:09:55 PM]
[Nov 4, 2016, 1:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dann

Thanks! Beta 11 opens my files.
[Nov 6, 2016, 7:48:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Sorry, ran into trouble under Win 8.1.

Downloaded beta 11 under Win 8.1 (the Asus tablet) - SweetHome3D-5.3.beta11-windows.exe apparently installs well with all the normal setup stuff. However, SH3D does not start - just stops at the splash screen.

Background process Java(TM) Platform SE binary processor usage dies down and hangs with 20+ MB of memory usage.

I also seem to get an extra Internet Explorer background process, and the Windows Explorer process seems to restart. And all Wi-Fi connections are killed.

No Java console appears, only splash screen and the background process.

Updated Java, same thing. Tried a second download of SweetHome3D-5.3.beta11-windows.exe and installed again. Same thing. Restarted, same thing.

Just a hanging Java(TM) Platform SE binary background process and splash screen.

It may be something on the hardware/software side here, but there have been no other recent changes to the PC.

ok
[Nov 7, 2016, 9:18:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

... and forgot to say. Reinstalled 5.2a (Sweet Home 3D ® Version 5.2a Java version 1.8.0_74 / 32 bit / 0.6 GB max), and SH3D worked beautifully.

ok

PS - Rather a worrying experience, starting the beta really made everything act up. And the WIFI issues continued after reinstalling 5.2.a (connections kept being killed) until reboot - but that may be a coincidence/network interference of sorts.
[Nov 7, 2016, 9:43:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I have few suggestions @Puybaret:
1.Folder with THIRDPARTY-LICENSE files
2./lib/Furniture.jar #modified Default Furniture
I rearange with Library Furniture Editor and rewrite the catalog.
3.Modify menu text
/lib/SweetHome3D.jar:
com/eteks/sweethome3d/swing/package.properties:
-line 1020 Show selected level #in place of Make level viewable
-line 1027 Hide selected level #in place of Make level unviewable
I hope to not offend anybody.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Nov 7, 2016, 12:06:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved