Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 218810 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.3

Final version 5.3 should come soon smile
Looking forward to it and the xml approach.
Okh, your WiFi connection malfunction is strange. Sweet Home 3D doesn't use Internet except at start to check if there's a new version. Could you disable updates check in preferences to see if it behaves better?
Yes it is pretty strange... Tried beta 14, with and without Update Check. Everything seems ok. At one point, I did indeed loose my WiFi connection again, but I do not think it is SH3D as such that kills it. I think it may have to do with many programs simultaneously accessing the 64 GB SD card, generating read/write errors and taking down Windows Explorer. But then it is NOT a SH3D issue, it is a problem with how the system mounts the SD card. Will let you know if it happens in some sort of identifiable way related to SH3D.
The extra spacing you report in the catalog must come from the long information you set on one item.
That is what I thought. But I suppose it is new to 5.3 as my libraries did not change since 5.2.a. Probably few people will notice as not that many use information fields in the libraries extensively. But I would prefer the more compressed view with title and first line of the information fields so I can see more models at the same time. I also tried the Category folders view, and there too there are some oddities with how info is presented. Sent you screenshots.

ok
[Nov 16, 2016, 10:03:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Version 5.3 was released tonight. Thanks to you all for your feedback and your support smile

Hans, I finally added a second executable command file named SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 to Linux installers, to let you and people who feel that performances with Java 3D 1.6.0 are not good, run Sweet Home 3D with Java 3D 1.5.2. From the feedback of more Linux users, we'll see if finally I can get rid of Java 3D 1.5.2 in installers one day or the other.
Remember that the Java option -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2 lets you also run Sweet Home 3D executable Jar with Java 3D 1.5.2 under Windows and Linux, and that the Java 3D version in use is now indicated in the About dialog box.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 16, 2016, 11:22:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
D5KjC6RC

But as you think that slowness doesn't come from the 3D part, I'll see if it comes from the Java version itself.

I can confirm that there is no performance impact anymore after switching from bundled jre8 to (5.2 bunndled) jre1.6.0_45.
[Nov 17, 2016, 12:02:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
D5KjC6RC

Just noticed that performance degrades as well, when opening a home with sh3d-5.3(jre1.6.0_45) that has been previously saved by sh3d-5.3. That's to day, I experience only "good" performance by using the old JRE with 5.2 version homes.

Now I'm wondering whether the performance issue could be related to:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28504943/j...slower-after-jvm-8-update
[Nov 18, 2016, 7:17:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved